Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Faves

Ladies, we made it to another FRIDAY!! Let’s catch up on some of this week’s favorites.

One.

On a whim, I decided to stop and get a pedi after work yesterday. Best decision I’ve made all week! I don’t do these often, but just feel so refreshed every time I do. There is nothing more relaxing than being stuck in a chair for an hour with your favorite drink, a good read, and someone rubbing on your feet. #heaveninaspachair

Two.
On Mondays we typically eat dinner at my in-law’s home. Stephen and his family are all “foodies”, so it’s always exciting to see what they’ve thrown together. They make difficult dinners look easy. My mom is a great cook, and we always had the best meals growing up. They were simple, tried and true family favorite recipes. Spaghetti, meatloaf, pot roast, fried chicken. When I met Stephen’s family, they were doing “fancy” dinners like prime rib….WHO MAKES PRIME RIB AT HOME?! I thought that was just a restaurant menu item before I met them! After we got married, I stepped up  my game in the kitchen. I like to think that I’ve landed somewhere between my mom’s kitchen and Stephen’s mom’s kitchen.

Monday night for dessert (because yes, we always have dessert on Monday nights) my MIL made this DIVINE chocolate mousse torte.
See what I mean…those Staffords and their fancy foods.

Three.
So apparently, this song has been around for a few months, but I just heard it this week for the first time on my way home one night. I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with it. It’s fun, clean, upbeat and definitely has a 1980’s feel to it.  Admit it, some of the greatest music came from the 80’s.

Someone, far more brilliant than me, took the song and made a video with it using clips of dance scenes from famous movies. I can’t stop watching it. It’s embarrassing how many times I’ve hit replay. Please tell me I’m not the only one!

Four.
Tomorrow we’re celebrating my cousin Ann Marie’s college graduation from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. THE WHOLE family is headed down today and making an overnight trip out of it. All 24 of us. Should be a good time!
We’re all so proud of her….I’ll share more about her next week. Stay tuned!

Five.
Because of the above mentioned little roadtrip, Stephen and I have a day date semi-loosely planned for today in Chattanooga. We’re not 100% sure on what we’ll do yet; but we’re both really looking forward to getting away for a little bit and spending time together. Life’s been busy the past few weeks, so this quick little trip is much needed!
Be sure to check in with Andrea, Erika & Narci to see everyone else linking up today!

Happy Weekending!!

1 comment:

  1. That chocolate torte looks amazing! Can I come over for dinner next Monday?! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.