Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Recipe Club: Turkey Taco Bowl

Today I'm linking up for Andrea's Recipe Club and sharing a SUPER simple, delicious and healthy dinner!! What's not to love?!

The past two months I have shared yummy desserts. You can check out my Strawberry Cake here and my Swiss Chocolate Cake here. Before you girls start thinking that's all I can make, I decided it was high time I share something other than a sweet!

And that's where my Turkey Taco Bowl comes into play!
 Most of your time will be spent on prepping your veggie toppings. Other than that, this is really easy to throw together.

First, I prepped everything that I was cooking with the ground turkey. I don't measure....it's all about preferences and personal tastes. This is what I added to our mixture:

1 chopped onion
4 small chopped peppers
Garlic
Crushed Red Pepper
Chili Powder
Salt & Pepper
Ground Turkey

You can add and adjust to meet your family's tastes. There's really no way to mess this up. And isn't that just fabulous to hear?!

Throw all that in your skillet with your ground turkey and cook until done. Drain any excess fat from the meat.

Remaining Ingredients we used:

Cherry Tomatoes
Lettuce
Green Onion
Avocado
Shredded Cheddar
Sour Cream
Salsa
Black Beans
Whole Kernel Corn
Brown Rice


While the meat is cooking, I cooked the brown rice. 

As far as toppings go, I warmed up some corn and black beans. Chopped a head of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and green onions. We also used shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream. You could also add peppers, olives, tortilla chips, whatever!!

Then, all that's left to do is pick and choose what you put on your plate or in your bowl!

We assembled ours more like salads, but this could easily be turned into nachos, tacos or burritos. So many options!!

It's that easy and dinner is served!! Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from the link up! Love this recipe...so many good ingredients! Definitely on my "Must make now" list :) Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great...hope you enjoy it too! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.