Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: Who's Coming to Dinner!

I will admit, when I saw today’s “Who’s Coming to Dinner?” topic on the Show & Tell link up schedule MONTHS ago, I thought this one will be SO MUCH FUN reading everyone else’s lists.


And then, I scheduled the month of September to be nothing but wedding related posts seeing as how I’ve never shared anything on this blog, the old blog OR Facebook AND our 2 year anniversary is this month, so it just seemed to work out to pull the plug and go all wedding crazy over here at Second House on the Right.

AND THEN, I remembered about Show and Tell yesterday and thought…I’m doing it…it’ll be a nice wedding recap break of sorts.

Here’s my Top 5 I’m inviting to dinner at the Stafford house…

First and foremost, these two. I was just going to say Jimmy but the Jimmy / Justin combo is just GOLD. They’d keep the conversation flowing, guests laughing, not to mention some great sing-alongs and games! They are my favorites. They HAVE to be there.

Chip and Joanna would be invited to stay and eat after they remodeled our home. #alltheshiplap (They’re just so cute.)


Finally, I would invite the entire cast of Friends. (Cast is singular….counts as one, right?!) Because collectively, I think they’re the greatest sitcom actors from my generation. I would love to just sit and listen to them reminisce. OR they could come to dinner in character…that would be fabulous too!

Those would be Top 5; but here’s more contenders for the invite list!! (Because it was REALLY hard to narrow it down to just five.)

Ree would be there, duh. She’d cook us a fabulous meal and then I think she’d be just as star-struck as I would be. 

For more laughs, I would be sure that these ladies of comedy were there! I swear, sometimes I’m afraid I’m an 80 year old trapped in a 30 year old’s body. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of funny ladies in Hollywood these days, but there’s just something so classic and exquisite about Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett. Their knack for physical comedy will never be matched.

ANNNND….I would invite Josh Duhamel. He would be seated directly across from me, and I would sit, stare and drool. The end.

Wedding posts resume tomorrow with our Rehearsal and Dinner! We’re full steam ahead from here on out….you don’t want to miss all about our big day!!

6 comments:

  1. I invited Justin and Jimmy and Matthew Perry and Courteney Cox as well!! Great minds!!

    Too bad, I didn't think about the Friends "cast" being one! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT & Jimmy have made about every single list I have read so far...including mine! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to pick just five! So many people picked Jimmy! Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! It was HARD to just pick 5, but Jimmy would HAVE to be there!!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.