Monday, September 28, 2015

Two Years Down.

The Mr. and I are on vacation this week, but I wanted to drop in for a little post on our anniversary. 

I'll be back next week with new posts including vacation wrap-up; which so far today has included nothing but ALOT of tv watching, snacking, and card playing. At the current moment, we're under a Flood Warning. I've never seen such horrible weather at the beach, BUT a bad weather beach day trumps a Monday at work ANYDAY!!

Two years ago today, Stephen and I were married on a perfectly beautiful day in front of our most favorite family and friends! 

It's hard to believe it's been two years already. Going through these photos make it seem like just last weekend. 

This is the photo Julie captured right before Stephen turned around to see me for the first time. To this day, he swears he didn't cry....I'll let you be the judge of that one. See for yourself. 


 Wait for it......

He cried. He can deny it; but he did. It was such a sweet moment to share together. 


When I look back on everything that we've been through in two short years, it leaves me with quite the writer's block on where to start.

All I know is that two years ago, we made a decision. We made the decision to love, support, encourage and forgive. And that's exactly what we have done.


In all the world, I will never be able to find a man who is a bigger fan of mine that Stephen. He always has my back, supports any crazy idea I have, pushes me to do just a little bit more, and loves me fiercely.



I could sugar-coat this entire thing and say that everyday married to him is wonderful. But the truth is, not everyday is wonderful. Marriage is hard. Marriage is work.

With every petty argument, every stupid habit, there's room to improve and make things better. And that is what we choose to do. Improve.


He may still leave clothes laying all over the bedroom floor and a dirty glass in the sink (RIGHT BESIDE THE EMPTY DISHWASHER..for the life of me, I'll never understand that one) BUT he is getting better about closing cabinet doors. And that my friends is one mighty victory for yours truly.

It's the little things.


Most importantly, he's there. I will never doubt his love for me and faithfulness to me. Never. Our love was made immensely stronger just this summer when we lost our baby.

He let me cry and grieve and process in my own time. He was strong for me, when I physically and emotionally was incapable to be strong for myself. (If you know me, you know I'm a quite the independent gal.)

I can never put into words my thankfulness for him during those weeks. No one will ever understand our heartbreak and hurt like each other. God had a greater plan for our child, just like His plan for us to be together.

Two years ago, we had a pretty good idea of what marriage looked like and what we were getting into. But in hindsight, I can assuredly say, that we really didn't have a clue. 

We knew that we were ready to be married. We knew that we were ready to commit our lives to each other. We knew that we were ready to love each other on the hard days as easy as it was to love each other on the good days.

Two years later, we love each other deeper than we did on September 28, 2013. We have routines. We compromise. We support. We forgive. We grow. 

We don't have it all figured out yet, and I highly doubt we ever will. Marriage is still hard; and it' s still work....but everyday, it's worth it. I can't wait to see God's plan continue to unfold before our eyes. It's the greatest gift we could ever be given.

The greatest journey to travel together. 

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.