Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Favorites!


Linking up with Andrea, Narci &  Erika today for Friday Favorites! Let's get to it!!!

One. 

If you've been reading for any time at all on here, you know that I'm quite fond of my nephews. Schools are on a two week Fall Break right now, so they decided to make a stop by the hospital one morning this week to have breakfast. They surprised me when they just walked in my office with no heads up. (I kinda loved that part!) I put Riley to work for a minute (not really, he was just talking to Stephen on the phone). We headed to the cafeteria and they didn't skimp on loading up their trays. What you're not seeing is the two large waffles they each got. These boys have my heart!
 Two.
Baseball season is wrapping up with makeup games this week and next week. Two hours of the husband playing ball means two hours of girl talk with good girlfriends! #firstbasemanisastud
Three.
Mums! I don't know if I should have to elaborate. They're my favorites. For sure. Hands down. Yellow mums are just a great traditional color, but EVERY year I'm drawn to the dark purple. I had some extra time one afternoon, so I stopped by Lowes to wander through the lawn and garden aisles. Such a peaceful way to end the day!
Four.
For dinner Tuesday night, I fell back on a fail-proof go-to recipe, Chicken Broccoli Braid. (Because some nights it's all about survival and not about a main dish and two sides...one bowl, one pan...done. Am I right?!) I hadn't made this in a few months, and it was just as delicious as every other time I've made it! I shared this to Facebook that night and got several requests for the recipe. I'll be sharing it soon!
Five. 
The hubs and I have a date night planned for tomorrow in Nashville. (Because I guess a week at the beach wasn't a date enough, haha!) 

We have tickets to see Ben Rector and Judah and the Lion at the Ryman!! We are SO excited!

I came across Ben Rector a few years ago on YouTube and have been a fan ever since! If you've not heard his music, be sure to look him up!! 

Judah is a local Cookeville boy who I've known of since he was little and our families have known each other forever. In fact, my dad made his parents' wedding pictures! Small world. 
In the past couple of years, his band has just taken off! They were on the David Letterman show earlier this year, some of their songs are being featured on tv shows, and the Nature Valley commercial features one of their songs. 

It's just been fun to watch their progression and success!
And if you've never seen a show at the Ryman, add it to your bucket list!! Just my opinion, but it's THE BEST place to attend a concert! A Nashville landmark, The Mother Church of Country Music. She's a treasure!

We'll see you Saturday, Nashville!

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love Mums, too! I love all the colors, but I think yellow & orange are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.