Thursday, November 5, 2015

Birth Announcement Door Hangers

One of the greatest blessings of being a "Preacher's Kid" is meeting so many people along the way, and forming really great relationships with those people. 

I have known Chelsea since she was a little girl and visited Cookeville with her parents to see her grandparents who attended church with us. My mom was her Sunday School teacher for a long time, and always had a special bond with Chelsea. 

Fast forward and she's all grown up,  married and having a baby. (These are the things that make me feel old.)

She asked me a couple months ago if I could make a couple of canvases that she could hang on doors, and of course I said yes! 

Up first, is this combo for their hospital room door announcing Miss MaKenzie's arrival. After the hospital, she plans to hang this on their Nursery door. The colors and theme match the bedding they have picked out. Which, by the way, I just love!!


I'm quite the fan of these roses and how perfect they turned out! 

She wanted to be sure I added the scripture from 1 Samuel 1:27, as it has been the passage they have used since finding out she was pregnant. It has such a special meaning to them as this is their miracle baby!!


When Miss MaKenzie arrives, all they have to do is fill in the lines with her stats. (Hopefully, she'll give me call to run upstairs at the hospital and fill it in for them annnnd snag a quick newborn snuggle. Hint, Hint Chels!)


Next up, she requested a light pink and gray mix to hang on their front door welcoming their new addition all while providing a gentle reminder to visitors that there is a newborn in their home. 


She found the wording inspiration on a few different Etsy items and I combined  my favorite lines to make these special for them. 


The smaller canvas will hang on their side door that family and close friends know to use, but just reminding them not to knock or enter loudly.

Hopefully, these will help create the calm environment that they're hoping for and new Mommy, Daddy and MaKenzie will get the rest that they'll, no doubt, need.

I loved how these turned out and think they would make a great shower gift to give all those Spring 2016 due date moms!! These can be made custom to your choice of color schemes, attached ribbons, and wording. Interested? Find out how to contact me for ordering on the "Connect" link at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.