Monday, November 9, 2015

Dinner Tonight: Kielbasa Bake

Today, I'm back with another easy and delicious dinner recipe! Originally, I found this recipe idea on Pinterest, but have tweaked it quite a bit in the past few years. It's one of those meals that once you make it a couple times, you can just throw it together no recipe needed. And those are the best kind!

This is the one of the first meals that I made for Stephen and I when we first started dating. I THINK it was Tuesday nights that I used to cook dinner for us at my apartment. Monday nights were my Stephen-Free nights; I was quite independent and still need MY space. Oh how times have changed. I cooked for us on Tuesdays. Wednesday was church. Thursday was family night. Friday and/or Saturday was typically Date Nights or with our friends. Sunday night was church and take out. BUT Mondays...oh I looked forward to my Monday nights back then. Just me, my PJ's, a bowl of cereal, and whatever season of The Bachelor franchise that was on tv! But HE looked forward to Tuesday nights because I cooked for him. 

The old cliche is true...fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

Here's what you'll need: 


1 Keilbasa Link cut into slices (You could use any meat you'd like, smoked sausage, chicken tenders, whatever.)
2 Green Bell Peppers Chopped
1 Onion Chopped
4-5 Potatoes Chopped (I typically use Russets)
1/2 TBS Salt
1/2 TBS Pepper
1/2 TBS Garlic (Minced or Garlic Powder, doesn't matter)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Oregano 
1 tsp Parsley
a couple dashes of Crushed Red Pepper
EVOO

Here's what you'll do:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil for easy clean up later on. 

Check on husband who is outside setting fire to your backyard. 


Dump all your ingredients into a large bowl. Drizzle with EVOO for an even coating. Stir until oil and seasonings are well mixed over your meat and veggies. Pour onto prepared baking pan. 

Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on how done you prefer your potatoes. 


I typically make some wild rice to go along with this dish. The only time-consuming part of this recipe is chopping all your veggies and really that's not a huge hassle.


One bowl, one pan...dinner is served!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.