Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Break 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 has come and gone in the blink of an eye. We spent MUCH time with family and food everywhere we turned.

Thursday morning, we headed to Jamestown, which is a little over an hour away from our home. We had lunch at Stephen's grandmother's house with his mom's side of the family. 


Stephen's brother, Evan is a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army National Guard. He's been gone for quite a while to attend the next round of Officers' training courses. He flew home Wednesday afternoon, and flew back on Sunday morning. It was so good to have the little punk home for a few days. He and his girlfriend, Ashley found their spots on Granny's couch after lunch.


Evan had found the game Pie Face online and several people played it after lunch. Stephen's poor grandma, she got it EVERY TIME. Such a hilarious game to play with family.


I love our Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve lunches in Jamestown. Fancy china and glasses included!


I also love sharing the holidays with this fella.


Stephen's uncle Ben brought his new son, Clay to lunch. He was the star of the show for the day!! So sweet!


The whole fam. Love these people.


After Jamestown, we made our way to Sparta to have an early dinner with my mom's side of the family. Normally, we have Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas morning at my grandparents, but the time has come for us to relocate to my aunt's house. My grandparents house isn't getting any bigger and our family is only getting larger. Which is the best kind of problem to have, but bittersweet that our tradition has finally changed. As long as we're together, location shouldn't matter. 

Little Arabelle wasn't feeling her normal spunky self, but is still a cutie. 


My mom's family is NOTORIOUS for our desserts (or should I say our sweet tooth). We always have enough food for a small country. It's crazy. This year, our desserts took up the entire length of the bar.


My cousins are HUGE Black Friday shoppers. I am not. They can have it. After we eat, it's customary to spread the Black Friday ads all over the table and pass them around while they make their gameplan for the next morning.


Like I said, some of them are hardcore excited about deals...


My uncle Stanley is the youngest of the siblings, AND he's also quite the clown. My grandmother has a great sense of humor as well. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


The little kids were all over the house in different areas playing different games. I found Colin and Lorelei playing Bingo by themselves. Because when you're 5 and 6, you stick together.


We wrapped up Thursday going to Stephen's parents house and visiting briefly with some of the Stafford side of the family for a few minutes before they all headed out for some late-night shopping in Nashville. After being gone from home over 12 hours that day, Stephen and I headed home to sleep off our food comas. It was glorious. 

Friday morning, we got all dressed up and headed to meet the Staffords for a family photo shoot. Can't wait to see how they all turn out!


After photos, I decorated the outside of our house and cleaned up a little inside. We had plans for the afternoon and night with our nephews which included Riley's birthday movie and restaurant pick. 

He chose to see The Peanuts Movie. Look, I think the Peanuts are cute. The picture and colors were BEAUTIFUL. But for Stephen and I, the movie was soooo calming and peaceful. So calming and peaceful that we both dozed off a couple of times. HA. Overall it was really cute, had some funny parts, and taught a good story. 


After the movie, Riley chose to eat dinner at IHOP. These boys LOVE breakfast so this was right up their alley! Also, Riley saw a commercial for the pumpkin waffles and had to try them.


The boy loves all things pumpkin!! Be still my heart. 


Back at home, the boys took turns playing different games. I noticed Riley holding his tongue out when the game he was playing got intense. Bless.


Later that night, they picked a movie on Netflix to watch. Colin typically sits with Stephen on one couch, and Riley will sit with me on the other. I looked over at one point during the movie and saw Colin snuggled up on Stephen and just dissolved into a puddle of mush right in that moment.


Before the movie was over, we snacked on warm cookies and milk. I don't know if they have these "bedtime snacks" at home, but when they're at our house, you better believe I say yes when Colin asks if it's time for "bedtime snacks"!


Saturday morning, per usual, I found Riley sleeping normal on a pillow and poor Colin half way down the bed, head pressed into the wall. I don't know.


Three men in the house means three different kinds of pancakes. Pumpkin, Chocolate Chip and Blueberry!


Typically, the Saturday night after Thanksgiving, we're with my dad's side of the family, but with it being Evan's last night home, we opted to have dinner and play cards with Stephen's parents, Evan and Ashley. We played cards for almost three hours, before we were all about to fall asleep at the table.

We wrapped up our Thanksgiving Break by making cookies Sunday night for our Ladies Church Party coming up on Tuesday. And yes, he's crushing candy canes with a hammer. Hey, it worked!


And we folded three loads of laundry while watching the season's first showing of my personal favorite, Christmas Vacation. He won't admit it, but Stephen likes to watch it with me every year because I basically quote the entire movie and laugh EVERY TIME like I've never seen it before. He humors me. For that, I'm thankful.


It's always nice to have some time off of work, but it's even nicer to be able to spend that time with so many family members. This is truly my favorite time of the year!! 

Coming up tomorrow, our Christmas Home Tour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.