Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thanksgiving Touches for the Home

I LOVE Thanksgiving! Usually, by the time it rolls around our house is ready for Christmas. That's ok. I personally don't feel like it takes away from the spirit and purpose of the holiday at all. 

I try not to decorate with much Halloween specific decor...I prefer generic fall items, but the few jack-o-lanterns I have I just turn around backwards after Halloween and now they're Thanksgiving appropriate for a few weeks.

I picked up a couple small Thanksgiving signs in the Target $1 aisle recently. (Is is just me, or is that the best part about Target?!!)


It fit right in perfectly to the decor I already had on my mantel.



I found this fun, mixed font sign at Party City of all places. It was just $2.99! A great buy for the size and durability. 


 I spruced up a cornucopia inside our corner china cabinet with leaves, pumpkins and gourds.


I decided to leave our kitchen chalkboard alone since I had gone with a generic design. Plus I think the words are perfect for this season that we're in!


One more little sign via the Target $1 aisle...so cute!


I changed the centerpiece on our table by adding a table runner (from our wedding), a candle and a wooden chip and dip tray (which the candle fit perfectly into the dip bowl holder). I left one of the pumpkins that I had there previously, and kept the festive centerpiece in my milkglass vase and called it a day.


If you missed my Fall Home Tour post, you can find it here. Very subtle changes can transition your home from Halloween to Thanksgiving in a jiffy!

(Now's the time I come clean, all this stuff is already down and in laundry baskets in the back of my car ready to be packed back up in plastic totes at our storage unit. Such is life. WHICH MEANS....there's a Christmas Home Tour coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.