Thursday, January 14, 2016

Book Club Thursday


Today, I'm excited to be linking with Sarah & Victoria for their Book Club Thursday! 

I love to read, but don't have much time for it. It goes without saying, I need light, easy to read books. For the most part I prefer the kind of books that are great vacation or beach reads...just year-round. 

I really love Emily Giffin's style of writing. 

 

I will admit I saw this movie without knowing it was a book to begin with. I LOVED the movie. SO MUCH. When I found out it was a book, I went back and read it and loved it just as much. From there, I was hooked on Emily Giffin. 

The follow-up to "Something Borrowed" is "Something Blue" which is equally as great but yet totally different than the first book. The first follows Rachel's journey to love and the second follows Darcy's journey. I'm telling ya, I just love her writing. If you like a good girly book, check out one of her's!


I have a couple of her other books downloaded to my Kindle just waiting for me! There's been others I've wanted to read first....

Like this one. 


I read several bloggers recommend this book, so I decided to give it a chance. It was totally different than the style I normally read, but I could NOT put it down. I just HAD to know what happened next for all the characters. Suspense...nailed it. 

I can't do a book related post without talking about this guy...

The guy whose stories make us cry and swoon. 


I kid you not, my 9th grade English teacher back in 1998/1999 recommended this author Nicholas Sparks to me. I distinctly remember her saying, "Oh, Erica....his book is called 'The Notebook' and I think you will just love it!" Well, Mrs. Hawkins, you were right, and thus began my love for a good Nicholas Sparks novel. 

Since then, my mom has made it a tradition to gift me and my sister for Christmas whatever his new book for that year has been.. (He didn't release a book in 2014, and that was highly disappointing, but we made it through.)

I've gone back and read some of the books more than once, and when I hear of the next one being made into a movie, I'll hold it until closer to the movie release. Some of the movies have been really good, others not so much. 

"The Choice"comes to theaters next month, and my opinion...it doesn't look like one of the better movies, so I'll probably wait until Redbox has it. Nonetheless, this what I am currently reading. So far...so good!

Thanks to Sarah and Victoria for the fun linkup today! I'm excited to get more recommendations and grow that Kindle download list!!


4 comments:

  1. I've read and loved all of these as well!! Especially something borrowed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL Something Borrowed & Something Blue are some of my ALL TIME favorites. I've read them both multiple times and just love them! So glad you linked up! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read both of those Emily Giffin books years ago and I will say that Something Blue was my favorite--probably because I read it first and so I ended up Darcy more than Rachel! I'm hoping they make a movie of it soon! I really need to read Girl on the Train and I love Nicholas Sparks, too!!!! Even if I cry in every book! I'm so glad you linked up!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Griffin was my favoriteeeeee!!! I haven't read any of her books in a long time.
    And Girl on a Train is on my list too! I haven't read a Nicholas Sparks book in awhile either, but I love them, even though I usually cry hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.