Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy Birthday Sister!

We had a FUN weekend of celebrations over here! My sister turned 40 on Sunday....F.O.R.T.Y. I can't believe it. When were young, she seemed SO much older than me. (There's about seven and a half years between us.) The older we've gotten, it hasn't seemed like that big of an age gap. 

Forty's not that old, my friends. 


Growing up, I never really thought about what our adult relationship would be like. Our ages created the distance between us. She was the cool teenager with friends, a boyfriend, a car. I was the little sister stuck at home. I envied who she was and what she had. 


As years have passed, we've endured many joyous moments, HARD trials and fearful times. Somehow, through it all, we've ended up right by each other's side. A place I never anticipated being all those years ago. 


There is nothing that we wouldn't do for each other. 


There is nothing our family wouldn't do for each other. #amenforgirlcousins


She's the first one (other than Stephen) that I tell good news to. The first one I vent problems, stresses and frustrations to.  She's a rock that I never knew I needed until the past few years. 


She is a fantastic elementary school teacher, wonderful wife and a GREAT "boy mom" to my nephews. She's their chauffeur, team mom, family manager, master scheduler, full-time chef, live-in full-time tutor, stain removing guru,...the best mom these two could have!


 Happy 40th Birthday, Dana!! I am thankful for your heart, your spirit, your strength, your will. I am thankful for YOU. 


P.S....

After 1 party and 3 family meals spanning 3 days...the celebrating is over. Maybe we'll do it all again in another 40 years!! 

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Sister relationships are very special!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post about your sister!! My hubby turns 40 in March....I too cannot believe it - we met when he was 25!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.