Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What's Happinning Wednesday - Valentine's Edition

Today, I'm linking up again with Jenn and Jessi again for What's Happinning Wednesday. Lately, I've been browsing through Pinterest for great Valentine's Day finds! 

I've mentioned before that I love decorating for all seasons and holidays. Not much, just touches here and there. I love being festive and having a festive home. Holidays are meant to be FUN, and I love creating that for our home and family. 

I'll be sharing my Valentine decor next week, but for now...I'm drooling over this simple yet beautiful mantel. 


I love, love LOVE the dressed up jars. Filing this away to remember for next year!

I found this pin a few years ago and made it for a girl's night get-together. It's Strawberry Hot Chocolate! I made it in the crock pot and it turned out really great! I used Valentine's sprinkles instead of the chocolate sprinkles shown. And the chocolate rim dipped cups....yeah...those definitely didn't turn out as picture perfect. I'll skip that step next time. 


Stephen and I typically skip going out for Valentines and make a nice dinner at home together instead. This year, I'm thinking of making this fun cake for us to have for a special dessert. How simple, right?!


This Valentine's Chex Mix is a winner every year! I've made it several times to bag up and give away to friends and family. It doesn't disappoint. 


Last on the food list, (can you tell I'm partial to including festive foods to holidays?) is this find for Strawberry Milkshake Cookies. These sound so good and I know a certain nephew who will love these too!


The Heart Attack pin just looks FUN and I think it'd be a great surprise to do for little kids. How excited would they be to see so many hearts of love spread around their house?!


Finally, I stumbled upon a great pin filled with Valentine Craft Ideas. Yep, it's decided we'll have a Valentine's themed night for our nephews' next sleepover. 


I think these crafts will be fun for the boys to make and to give to their mom (my sister) and their grandmas! 


Check in with Jessi and Jenn to see what's happinning with everyone else on this Wintery Wednesday!!









7 comments:

  1. I love the Valentine's themed food! I love any excuse to make a sweet that's paired with a holiday haha! Next week I'll be posting a recipe for a Valentine's trifle that I made a few days ago! Also loving the crafts--it would be so sweet for you to have your nephews over next year to spend time crafting together!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I just love pink! That celery craft is the cutest idea ever! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try that craft out with our nephews...thanks for hosting the fun linkup!

      Delete
  3. Great Valentine's ideas!!! I am craving sweets now, which isn't anything unusual, but I have nothing in the house that looks this good, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a HUGE soft spot for sweets around here!! Why do are they sooo good but so bad for us?!

      Delete
  4. Love these - and have everything at my house to do this mantle!! I have been looking for ideas at the store - but love I have it all at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry milkshake cookies?! Whaaaat?! I need to try those stat!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.