Friday, March 25, 2016

Easter Home Tour

 Today, I'm sharing my Easter and Spring home decor...you know, just two days before Easter, but that's neither here nor there.

 Spring and Easter are my least favorite seasons to decorate for, and last year being our first Spring in our new home, it rang even truer than before. I just didn't feel like I could pull a unified look off. Earlier this year, I started browsing Pinterest for ideas and kept finding myself pinning "rustic Easter" decorations. While the overall look that I went with is FAR from "rustic", I feel like it's not screaming pastels and bunnies. 

With that being said, it's extremely difficult to decorate for this time of year WITHOUT a pastel or a bunny here and there. It's just a matter of figuring out which ones I can live with for a few weeks. 

For our entry table, I changed out the printables in our frames again, added a small dessert glass with sparkly eggs and a hobnail vase. (which I had every intention of filling with flowers, or something...but it's just never happened.)


Ready for the first bunny.....here's a cute door hanger that screams Easter, huh?
 

For our coffee table, I tossed some fake speckled eggs in a lantern, poured Jellybeans (Starburst Jellybeans to be exact) in a glass bowl, left the green table runner from St. Pat's and called it a day.  



I kept my interchangeable wreath to just a turquoise, gray and white theme. I almost added some pink...but stopped myself just in the nick of time. That was a close one. HA. 
 

Inside the china cabinet are a few old pieces I've had since I was little. I thought this was the best place for them. 
 


I love putting out this hand made runner each Spring. It was made by one of my great aunts many years ago and somehow I ended up with it along with several other handmade things of hers. Her handwork was so delicate, and yet the part I love the most, is small spot where she made a mistake. As beautiful as her work was, it wasn't perfect, but was it was perfect enough to still use for years and years to come!
 


Much like the china cabinet, I added small trinkets I've had since I was a little girl to our kitchen shelves and antique hutch. 
 


ON. TO. THE. MAAAAAANNNNTLLLLLE. Yes I just said that like Oprah in my head as I typed it. 
 

The yellow wooden spring sign and light blue ceramic fruit basket came from TJ Maxx. 
 

The mint green hobnail vases are from a local store, The Painted House. 
 

 The speckled eggs, boxwood balls and carrots came from Hobby Lobby. 



There's still room to add more to bring the whole look together, but overall I'm over the moon happy with out it all turned out this year! 
 

I hope you all have a wonderful Spring weekend celebrating Easter with your favorite people!

4 comments:

  1. I think the mantle is my favorite! I'm loving those mint green vases! Your house looks so pretty with all of the pastels mixed in! I hope y'all have a great Easter!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo need to bump up my Spring/Easter game next year with some decorations! I have one lonely little Easter sign, and that's it! haha Your decor looks awesome! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty - you did a great job!! Uhhhhh, my "winter" decorations are still up - guess I need to switch them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle looks so awesome!!! Everything looks so fresh and pretty! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.