Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Milk & Cookies Dessert

The Mr. is famously known for his sweet tooth.

But he practically lives at a Crossfit gym, so it doesn't pack on any pounds. The man is a human garbage disposal. If we have a son one day, I'm concerned for our grocery bill each week when he hits his teenage years. 

Unlike Stephen, my sweet tooth will pack on the pounds for me. (Of course it's also in part because I stay as far away from Crossfit as I can.)

That being said, I don't keep many sweets or snacks in the house. If it's not here, it's not there for us to eat. We typically always have popsicles in the freezer to satisfy any sweet craving we get. If it's not a popsicle, it's cereal. Other than that, we don't keep anything around. 

Every now and then, I'll cave and make us a dessert, and today's recipe is an easy go-to that we both love. It's sweet mixed with comfort, THE BEST kind of dessert. 

Here is what you will need to make an 8x8 dish. Just double if you want to make a 13x9 pan for a bigger crowd or to take to a potluck!


1 package of your favorite chocolate chip cookies
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips

First, dunk the cookies in the milk. Do not soak, just drop them in and grab them back up. 


Layer cookies in single layer of pan. 


After this first layer, I typically pour just a bit more milk over the cookies. 

Spread half of your Cool Whip. 


Layer with remaining cookies,


then the remaining 1/2 Cool Whip and top with chocolate chips. 


(You could also top with cookie crumbs, chocolate sauce, chopped candy pieces, etc)

Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, serve chilled and ENJOY!


It's cookies. It's milk. It's whip cream. It's sweet, rich, somewhat like a pudding...it's SO GOOD!


3 comments:

  1. My mom makes this! It's so good and tastes like you're eating cookie dough--which is my favorite haha! Love the chocolate chips added on top. Have a great Wednesday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a dessert I need to try!! I have never seen this - YUMMOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man.... I need this in my life!!! Looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.