Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Monthly Goals Mashup

I’m trying my hardest to get back on a regular schedule with blogging this week. We had a great weekend celebrating birthdays, visiting out of town friends, dinner with family and our oldest nephew’s basketball tournament….it would  have made for a GREAT weekend recap post….IF I had snapped pictures, which I didn’t because I was enjoying the moments to much! Just know, we had a wonderful weekend!

I debated on whether to even post my monthly goals mashup for March since we’re half way through the month, but I decided to go ahead with it because if not for anything else, it’s helped me stay accountable each month and I love that part of it.

Let’s recap how I did in February…




|one|
Boys Sleepover – I had huge plans for a fun sleepover with several crafts in mind to make, but with early Saturday morning basketball games, we just never could fit in a Friday night sleepover. Hopefully soon!

|two|
Fun Valentine’s Date – We a had a great breakfast date in Nashville for Valentine’s weekend. You can read more about that here.

|three|
Finish one book – I finished Nicholas’ Sparks book, “The Choice” early in the month. It was one of his better ones in my opinion. I just love his books. For the most part, they are all totally predictable but I just can’t stop with them!


|four|
TAXES – Nope…didn’t happen. We have everything ready to turn in to be filed. Hopefully we’ll get to that this week or next. This is by far the longest I’ve ever waited to finish them. Such a hassle, but the refund we get back is always pretty nice!

|five|
Celebrate Dad – My dad turned 66 on February 3rd, but we didn’t get to celebrate until about two weeks later. We love celebrating birthdays!

On to March…




|one|
Celebrate March birthdays – My mom’s 65th birthday was on the 3rd (we celebrated of course). More on that later. My friend Angela’s little girl turned 4 on the 6th, I traveled to her ALL pink and ALL ballerina party this past weekend. Watching 15 little girls run around in their tutu’s was about the cutest thing you’ve ever seen. Stephen’s aunt has a birthday this weekend, which means there’s a special family lunch coming her way!

|two|
Host friends and family for a meal – Being half way into this month, I’ll be honest, I’m not sure if this will happen or not. BUT, several family members did come over a couple of weeks ago for cake to celebrate my mom’s birthday, so we may just count that!

|three|
Finish one book – I started “Me Before You” last month. I’ve had very little time to read it regularly so I’m only catching a chapter or two here and there. It’s SO good; I’m really hoping to finish it this month!

|four|
Submit taxes – Self-explanatory after the failed February attempt.

|five|
Finalize all Ladies’ Day plans – I’m helping coordinate a Ladies’ Day at our church in April. Everything seems to be coming together very well at this point. There’s just a few details we need to get nailed down this month so that we’re ready to put it all together on April 9!


|six|
Finalize all party plans for Daniel – One my best friends, Amy, is pretty much letting me plan her son’s 1st birthday party. I’m a party planning maniac, she is not. I send her a list of things to buy, and she’s buying them. It’s a great thing we’ve got going on! Amy’s husband, Andy, is an avid fisherman so the theme I came up… “Daniel Caught the Big ONE”….well, it’s beyond perfect for their little family! I can’t wait to put together this party for my youngest “nephew”!


All that being said, I have a list already in hand for my April goals. No rest for the weary around here in April. Our weekends are packed with plans and I have SO much I want to get down around the house!! Stephen’s birthday, Daniel’s birthday, Colin’s birthday, house reorganization, landscaping, I’m really looking forward to April!

3 comments:

  1. You've got a busy couple of months coming up! I'm glad you're reading Me Before You!! You will love it! And then you've got to read See Me by Nicholas Sparks since you liked The Choice--make that your April book :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great goals - with lots of birthdays to celebrate!! We have a ton of March birthdays in our family too...cake time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The choice was SO good. And yes his books are so predictable but I just love them. Me before you is amazing and the next one after that is just as good. We also have soooo many March Birthdays here. 9 of them to be exact. We will be birthday cakes out by the 1st of April k think ;) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.