Friday, March 11, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Home Tour

Some weeks, are just off. This week has been one of them. WAY off my blogging game this week, which you are probably already aware of. 

Today I'm checking in to share some of my St. Patrick's Day decorations (that I said I was going to share last week I think). I figured I better share them before they get replaced with Easter / Spring decorations. With Easter being early this year, I feel like I'm not having time to enjoy all the green and gold festiveness around here. 

As many of you know, I am a HUGE fan of random, festive holidays (and Thanksgiving Eve, but that's a story for a different day). St. Patrick's Day is right up my alley! I don't go all out, and I'm careful about what kind of decorations I use. There's a fine line between festive and tacky, ya know. 

First up, on the table in our entry way, I added a couple of boxwood decorative balls I found in the very, very back aisle of Hobby Lobby. These suckers were cheap and will be great additions for my Spring mantel. I also added a little lime green mesh leftover from Christmas and gold ribbon. 


I changed out the frames with St. Patrick's Day printables I found online. (high five Google images!)


I moved the lantern that typically sits on our mantel to our coffee table and stuffed it with green and gold clover garland. The table runner was made for me by Stephen's aunt. It's red and white polka dot on one side and green and white chevron on the other. I just L-O-V-E functional items!!


I kept our mantel relatively easy for this one. 


Last year I made this yarn tassle ball garland. It was super simple to make and has held up well for a year packed up in our storage unit. 


I picked up the mint green milkglass, hobnob, whatever you want to call them..vases at a local store called The Painted House. It feels like walking into an episode of Fixer Upper when you go in! SWOON!! Anyways, they posted these vases on their Instagram page they day they came in and I rushed over right after work to pick a couple up. I got them both for just $12! 

I filled the vases with pale yellow flowers from Hobby Lobby. These will most definitely be used for my upcoming Spring mantel. 


The small "lucky" canvas I painted last year, but didn't get it done in time to use it then. 


And in true "off week" form...I just realized, I never added my wheat sprigs back to the mercury glass vase on the far right. Nope. Just NOW realized that. Oh well. 



Hope you have a great weekend with your favorite people...don't forget to wear you gold and green next Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how you decorated your mantle!!! So festive and just love all the touches of green and yellow!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks great!!! Have a great weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to have a mantel! The wood is here (we went with the live edge - or whatever you call it) but we're waiting on the holder things. Yea, I'm obviously not in the wood working business. My bff has worked at a lumber store for YEARS and would be so disappointed in me lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.