Monday, April 25, 2016

A Little Recap

Just checking in for a little recap from life the past few days. 

Thursday morning, I woke up really early after not sleeping well the night before. I had a bad upset stomach, but really didn't think much of it. One medicine I've been taking for our fertility issues causes me to have upset stomachs quite often, so I didn't think anything of it. 


A quiet dark living room, a cold Sprite and a couple of episodes of I Love Lucy, and I should be good to go to get ready for work on time. 

Only, things got worse. 

And worse. 

And worse. 

I had heard there was a bad virus going around the previous weekend, but no one I had been around had had it, but I KNEW that's what I had. Not to be too TMI, but I hardly ever throw up. I can probably count on one hand how many times in my life I've ever thrown up. I just don't get THAT sick. EVER. 

Well. I was THAT sick. It was awful. Stephen was off last week, thank God, because I really don't know what I would've done without him. 

You would think over the course of the day, things would get better, ease up, blah blah blah. 

Nope. 

Things got worse. 

And worse.

And......


Worse. 

We spent a few hours in the ER late afternoon / early evening for me to get IV fluids for dehyrdation. DEHYDRATION! WHAT in the world?! In 32 years, I have NEVER been THAT sick. Awful. Just awful. 

4 attempts of poking, sticking and prodding for the right vein, 2 huge bags of fluids, 3 "cocktail shots" of meds in my central line and 2 prescriptions later we were on our way home. 

Needless to say, I spent Friday and the rest of the weekend recovering and by Saturday night attempting solid food again for the first time since Wednesday. 

And there's the best weekend recap you'll read today. (insert sarcasm sign)

Happy Monday....Wash your hands, carry Germ-X, spray Lysol everywhere you go....thank me later!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Glad you got meds to get you better now--I'm like you, I've never been that sick but I know you felt horrible. Bless you! I hope you continue to take it easy and get better :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh man =( I too have heard about a nasty bug that is going around. I hope you are feeling better today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Yikes for getting so sick - but good for you to head to the hospital and get some fluids!! Hope you are feeling so much better today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Erica!! I have been thinking of you! Definitely not the weekend recap I was expecting from you! :) SO sorry you got so sick- but thankful you were able to feel better once you got to the hospital. Saying prayers you continue to get better- and STAY healthy!! Hope you have a great week friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart.. I hope you are on the mend!! That stinks:(

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.