Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Brown Sugar Chess Pie

Today, I'm sharing one of my all time favorite pie recipes! I'm sure you've had Chess Pie at some point in your life, so this isn't a far stretch from that recipe. 

My Brown Sugar Chess Pie is SUPER easy to throw together, and as long as you keep a pie crust on hand in the freezer, chances are you have everything in your pantry to make this pie on a moment's notice!


For my Brown Sugar Chess Pie, you will need:

1 Deep Dish Pie Crust
1 Stick of Melted Butter
3 Eggs
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of packed Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Corn Meal
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla


What to do:

Unroll thawed pied crust in deep dish pie pan and crimp the edges. 

Preheat oven to 325.

Mix melted butter and both sugars with electric mixer until well combined. Next, STIR in the remaining ingredients. 


Stir until everything is well combined and smooth.


Pour batter into pie crust.


My little trick, I cover the edges of my pie crust with aluminum foil so that it won't burn. Now, I know there are fancy pie plates out there that have these "pie gates" that protect the crust edges, but foil works just fine!


Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 325, then let sit for an hour to set. Many times, I've thrown this in the oven in the mornings while I'm getting ready, then turn the oven off after the baking time is up and just leave it sitting in there until whenever I get back home and am ready to serve it. Chess Pie does better the longer it's able to set.

(And I'm not sure what happened to part of the crust this time. Looks like it just threw in the towel and gave up.)


Super easy to make, takes a little time to bake, but overall it's a throw and go recipe! This pie always finds its way onto our Father's Day Menu every year...it's one of my dad's favorites!


Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Oh here I go again showing how NOT Southern I am! Ha! I have never had Chess Pie before! Not really quite sure what it is either!! :) but your recipe looks delicious! I may have to make it for my dad the next time he visits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good chess pie!!! Yours looks so, so good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.