Tuesday, May 17, 2016

When You Tell People You're Having Twins....

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the kind words and well wishes that have been extended our way since our announcement over the weekend! We  have felt your love and prayers for many months, and I truly believe that God not only answered our prayers, but all of your prayers for us as well! They say it takes a village to raise a child, so I'm expecting it to take a small nation to raise the Stafford twins! I am so excited to share the joy these two will bring to all of our friends and family!

There are many questions to answer, and don't worry, I'll address those this week. So, if you have any questions, please send them my way in the comments, on facebook or email. There's probably not a question we haven't been already been asked by our families and close friends who have known our secret. We've been an open book, and will be through this process to an extent. 

For today, I'm sharing some of the most fun moments of these past several weeks. 

We were able to catch the reactions on video of some of our family members when we told them about our newest development...twins. I'll add a little backstory to each video. Just a little disclaimer, these are all iPhone videos so not all are the best quality and some you will need to turn the volume up on to hear what is said. (You will NOT need to do that for the first one. Bless her heart.)

My Sister
Right after our appointment when we learned about Baby A AND Baby B, and yes for now that's what they're "lovingly" referred to, we stopped by the school where my sister teaches. She was working late and about to leave. It was our first ultrasound, so I told her I just wanted to bring our pictures by for her to see. 


Stephen's Parents and Brother
After we told my sister, we stopped by my parents house and somehow Stephen's phone didn't save their video, but their reaction was sweet and my Dad nearly came out of his seat in disbelief. After their house, we went to my in-law's house where we were supposed to have dinner. 

For the past couple of hours leading up to our arrival my MIL and BIL had been texting us for updates. There came a point when my BIL, Evan, started asking if it was twins. To make him stop, Stephen just started flat out lying to him. "No, it's not twins, don't you think that's kind of big news and I would tell you if that were true?!" That is the backstory to his reaction. Ashley is his girlfriend who lived out of town at the time. He had told her all afternoon, it was just one baby.


Our Nephews
A little over a week later, we told our nephews. Initially we gave them shirts to reveal our pregnancy. Riley's said, "Big cousin" and Colin's said "Middle Cousin"...they guessed about the baby from the shirt. Then....


(Oh, and please disregard any and all Southern accents you hear in these videos. It is what it is.)

My Mom's family
This side of my family is extremely close. We always have been. It's not uncommon for all 24 of us to get together for no specific reason other than dinner at my Aunt Linda and Uncle Charlie's house. I think some of them had a hunch I was pregnant which explains the somewhat lack of enthusiasm or shock to our first surprise. I told them all I was pregnant right before we ate and then pulled out a cookie cake that said, "Stafford Babies Due November 2016" and had my grandma read it. It took a few people repeating it to sink in....THEN the reactions came!


Stephen's Family
This one was easy to pull off. We eat together every Sunday and 99% of the time Stephen's grandpa calls on him to lead the prayer. To announce our first surprise, Stephen just snuck the info into his prayer. I can't believe everyone held it together until the amen, but AS SOON as the amen was said...


For the twins part of the announcement, we waited until the first round of excitement had calmed down a bit. I love how his grandma just has to walk away. And I also love how you think his little cousin Jared is in shock and then you realize, oh no, he's just mesmerized by the amount of cheese wedges and crackers that are on a platter on the table. 


Telling everyone we were having two has by far been so much fun! Everyone's reactions have been priceless. There have been so many smiles, stares of shock, and tears shed. These babies have already brought so much joy to the people we love the most! 

I can't wait to see how these little ones change our lives!

linking up here 




4 comments:

  1. I'm so so excited and happy for you guys! And these videos are seriously priceless! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So EXCITED for you!! Thank you so much for sharing these videos with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These videos are EVERYTHING!! How special to get everyone's reactions about such incredible news!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word the videos! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.