Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Recipe Club: Honeybun Cake

My love for recipe linkups runs deep! There are always so many great meal, snack and dessert ideas that I get from other bloggers. I am so excited that Heather and Johannah have started this new monthly linkup to share some of our kitchen's bests!!

Today I'm sharing my Honebun Cake Recipe. 

Girls. 

If you love cinnamony-sugary desserts (definitely just made that word up but seriously, I'm sure all of you have used the word cinnamony in your vocabulary before) then this will be right up your alley! My friend Katey brought this over to our house one night a year or so ago for dessert, and  I HAD to have the recipe. THEN and THERE. HAD to HAVE it. 

Here's what you'll need...


1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 c sour cream
3/4 c oil
1 c light brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 c powder sugar
6 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla


What you'll do: 

Preheat oven to 325. 
Stir (put that electric mixer away for this one) cake mix, eggs, sour cream and oil until well combined. 
In a separate bowl mix together cinnamon and sugar. 
Spread half of of the cake batter in a greased 13x9 pan, top with cinnamon sugar mixture, then gently spread other half of cake batter on top. 


Swirl layers together with a knife or fork. 


Bake for 45-50 minute until it passed the beloved toothpick test. 


As soon as it comes out of the oven, stir together the powder sugar, milk and vanilla. Pour and spread on top of hot cake. It will make the perfect, sweet, crackly, honeybun glaze as long as you do it right out of the oven!


This cake is delicious warm or room temp! (It's also pretty great for breakfast too, not that we would know about that.)

Thanks so much to Heather and Johannah for the new linkup! Be sure to check in with them today other great recipes!


8 comments:

  1. SO YUMMY!! This looks like the perfect recipe to bring to a picnic or a church function!! Definitely going to have to try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica!! Seriously this looks like it's to die for!! I am adding this to my list of things to make ASAP! This would be great to bring to my in-laws, this has my father in law written all over it =) Thanks for sharing this and linking up with us today =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I both did the cinnamon/sugary cake today. Great minds think alike! I am going to try this next time I have to take breakfast for my Bible Study group. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Sounds and looks delicious!! Great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just drooled looking at the pictures! This looks AMAZING!! Can't wait to try it!! Thank you for linking up with us today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to make that for my little brother! He loved it. I haven't thought of that in ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO excited you posted this recipeeeee!!! YES! Seriously, cinnamon buns are my favorite. This cake will soon be my favorite I'm sure! I need to post some of my recipes. Just finding the time to photograph them - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also I'm currently thinking of ways to make this red white and blue and serve it at our fourth of july party hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.