Wednesday, September 28, 2016

3 Years

Today the Mr and I celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. This year, I am more thankful for him and our marriage than I've ever been before. Marriage is truly "for better or worse". 

When I think back over the last three years, I want to cry, laugh, and roll my eyes at the same time. We've shared so much and experienced more together in 36 months than we ever anticipated. 

We had the BEST day three years ago with our friends and family...


but we had NO idea then what three years later would look like. 


I'm grateful for the good and easy times and in hindsight, I'm just as grateful for the down in the dumps, life sucks, hard times. The tears, the overwhelming punched in the gut sadness, the arguments...real life moments that are just plain hard. As my husband, Stephen has been the best supporter I could ask for, especially during everything we have dealt with the past year and a half. It's cliche to say but I really can't imagine going through this life with anyone else. 


Our biggest adventure and joys await us in just a few short weeks. We're excited to start to this journey as a family of FOUR. We're excited to see just how much our lives are about to be flipped upside down. There are still moments of nervousness and overwhelming anxiety, but our excitement to finally meet our sweet Amelia and Mae Parker outweigh all of our fears. 


(Just a little side note for those following our journey to parenthood, if nothing changes, we do a have a date and time scheduled for a c-section. WHICH IS NUTS! We found out Monday, and I'll share that on here in time; just want to wait in case something does change.)

We appreciate all the love, encouragement and support you have all shown us, and continue to show us. We can't wait to share this next chapter with you! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We were just talking in my Bible Study group this morning about how the dark valleys we go through seem to make us appreciate our peaks even more! I'm so excited for your new chapter as a family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! The best is yet to come with your bundles of joy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.