Friday, September 23, 2016

Bumpdate: Week 32

How Far Along?

32 weeks and 6 days
                    
Gender?

GIRLS!

Names?

Amelia Gentry & Mae Parker

Due Date?

November 12 will always be the technical 40 week due date, but we’re still planning on a mid-October delivery.

Weight Gain?

I’ve gained about 3 pounds in the last 4 weeks, but the girls are growing like weeds!

Stretch Marks?

Just a few, but nothing horrible. It’s amazing to feel them move and feel different spots across my stomach turn rock solid.

Maternity Clothes?

Umm…yes. And whatever genius at the Motherhood Maternity stores that designed their leggings…God bless you. Those are THE MOST comfortable things I’ve ever worn!

Belly Button In or Out?

Still in but it’s stretching out sideways. It’s weird. What’s even more weird…one of my gall bladder surgery scars is inside my belly button, and it’s all popping out and disfigured looking. It’s attractive.


(Please ignore whatever condition the guest bed is in behind me in these bump pics. I usually take   them right before i walk out the door for work or last thing at night. Either way, that bed is usually in disarray by that time. I typically get ready in here in the mornings since I leave before Stephen gets up so there's either stuff to grab for work, or clothes laid out for the next day. OR my huge body pillow...which I will finally admit is AMAZING!)

Currently Reading?

Nothing really of importance. Did I ever mention that I left the private FB group I was in for Fall 2016 moms of multiples?? I did. It got to be waaaay more drama than I cared to see on my newsfeed every day. For the most part it was supportive and a good source of shared info. BUT, it got to be where a few of the moms were whiney..and I can’t handle that. Yes, pregnancy is hard…a multiples pregnancy is REALLY hard. But this is such a blessing and answered prayer for some of us, and I choose to be thankful over posting little complaints every hour. (Literally.) OR complaining about family members. (Please, keep your family drama off of social media.) OR calling out some of us in the group who don’t post on a frequent basis. (REALLY? It’s a closed group, we ASKED to be added, so I’m pretty sure we can comment and post when we want to or when we don’t want to.) That was the final blow for me, and I left the group immediately. I’m pretty content with NOT reading that mess on my newsfeed anymore.

Cravings?

A friend of mine posted this on IG, so now I’m on the hunt for it!

I’ve also desperately been wanting chocolate cake or brownies every night lately. I eat apples instead. It’s NOT the same, but the better choice for all 3 of us.

Am I Showing Yet?

I’ll be 33 weeks with twins tomorrow…this question is irrelevant.

Symptoms?

Knock on wood, the heartburn has been significantly better in the past week. Maybe the girls have moved just enough to give digestion a fighting chance. Whatever it is…I’ve been grateful for it.




Best Part of the Week?

We had a couple of fun things this week that I want to remember. I decided to go ahead and get the girls’ hospital bag ready… which meant it was finally time to do some baby laundry. We washed most of their newborn sleepers and gowns, their bibs, socks, blankets and swaddles. The smell of baby laundry…heaven help. I’ve heard about this scent before, but it’s better than I expected. Honestly, it was an emotion time doing this “chore”. For all the years and prayers and tears shed so desperately wanting to be a mother and now, SO close to meeting two little girls...our girls. It’s just A LOT to take in lately!

The bookcase we ordered for the nursery came in and it’s literally the last thing we were waiting on. We’ll be putting that together and HOPEFULLY finish the room this weekend!


Worst Part of the Week?

I broke down and went to my least favorite store ever. Verizon. I DESPISE going in there; mainly because the sales guys treat me like I’m a little girl and that I’m clueless and I HATE that. My phone is past due an upgrade and I’m having to delete texts, voicemails, call logs, ANYTHING at least twice a week because of storage space…or lack there of. So, it’s time to upgrade before the girls get here because let’s be honest, the amount of picture and video taking is about to become my favorite hobby of all time. I got the info I needed and my options written down from the guy after asking him multiple times to do it. Now, I just have to decide which route I want to go and then fun part, GO BACK, and get a new phone. Anyone else hate going into Verizon or another cell carrier store??

Miss Anything?

I still miss overall comfort. It’s getting difficult to get up and down from chairs and from the bed at night. BUT, that’s just part of it, right? It’s temporary. I can handle temporary.

Movement?

Both girls are still rather active, but they’ve started slowing down. I’ve read somewhere recently that after 30 weeks, you tend to not notice as much movement as in previous weeks just because the baby is growing and her space is becoming limited. SO, I assume with 2, they have even less space. However, when we see them every week on ultrasound, both are just fine and moving around as normal. Just not as many kicks and jabs as I’ve felt before.

Mood?

Overall, it’s been a good mood around here lately. Everything I’ve been stressed about with work, is GONE. Our new hire started on Monday and she’s picking up QUICK. I already know she’ll handle everything just fine while I’m gone. It’s been SUCH a relief and answered prayer really!

What am I Looking Forward To?

Our anniversary is next week. We’re still trying to decide what to do, but we’re both looking forward to it.


Worth remembering...

I posted this on Facebook and IG earlier this week, but Stephen was helping with the laundry and started matching all of the girls’ socks. It was just a full-circle kind of moment that hit me. I can’t wait to see him with his girls. He is going to be SMITTEN I just know it!


We couldn’t get scheduled this week for our weekly appointment and ultrasound, so we’re going 10 days in between appointments this time instead of 7..which is fine. We’ll go Monday and see how they’re doing. Our doctor said last week, we’d start talking soon about calendar dates. EEK! 

Chances are these girls will be born via c-section whether it’s scheduled or if I go into labor on my own. They’re just not positioned for a vaginal birth and never have been. Of course, anything can happen and anything can change in the next few weeks, but MORE THAN LIKELY, we’re looking at a c-section. Which is totally fine with me, whatever is best for our girls I’m on board with!  Time frame wise if everything continues to go well, she won’t let us go more than 4-5 more weeks. FOUR TO FIVE MORE WEEKS!?!!? How has this flown by THIS fast?!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post today! I love your bump pictures--you look so cute pregnant! And love that Stephen was matching baby socks :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post! =) I'm so glad things are going well for you. And when you posted that picture of Stephen folding the baby socks on Instagram the other day I totally smiled. Adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got all emotional with you in this post!! The laundry, the tiny socks, the anticipation of it all. I remember going through that all three times with our babies, and I can't even. You don't know me (of course), but I've been praying for you since I read your blog about your miscarriage. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, you look adorable! I always get nostalgic when I read your posts because two of my babies were born in October, so I feel like I was going through the same things you were this time of year...and I also had miscarriages before them, so I know how extra precious this is. I am so excited for you!!!
    I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to the cell phone store just plain sucks. I had how I feel like I'm drowning in dumbness thanks to their lingo. Worst stores ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so so excited for you!! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. That bottom bit made me tear up a little. Archery season started this weekend and when I got home from hunting (no bucks :(), I turned on the Outdoor Channel. They played this show where its all about 'firsts' and all these dads and uncles got SO excited watching their kids hunting and get their firsts. I may have teared up a little. I cannot wait to see my fiance do the same - I told him about it later and I was all giddy ("and we're going to take our kids hunting together and its going to be so much fun and so exciting") and he just smiled at me, gave me a hug, and said "I love it when you get excited about our future kids". And I had to try not to cry again. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.