Friday, September 16, 2016

Our Church Baby Shower

On Sunday afternoon, some of the ladies at our church hosted the sweetest baby shower for us!  My dad has been a preacher for longer than I've been alive. In my 33 years, he's worked with only 4 congregations...so, we tend to stay where we're at for many years. Being the "preacher's family" comes with an implied set of expectations, but honestly, we've never minded. I can't imagine having grown up any differently than my sister and I did. 

We've been attending our current church for 4 years, while it's the shortest amount of time we've been with a group (to this point), the love that these people show us is overwhelming. We are so thankful for them all and for the love and excitement they have for our girls' arrival!


Had to sneak in the obligatory, grandmas, aunt, great-great grandma photo!


Random fact: I LOVE punch. Doesn't really matter what kind..I LOVE it all. Just that morning during church, I leaned over and told Stephen I was really thirsty. He asked if I wanted him to go get me a water. I said, "No, I REALLY want punch." He just laughed and shook his head. So I guess, I had a punch craving that morning...and it was specific...I wanted the easiest punch recipe out there...sherbet and ginger ale punch. It sounded SO good to me. Fast forward a few hours, and there it was! My heart was full!


Some of the ladies who helped host our shower...they are all so good to us! 








Once again, we received so many wonderful gifts for the girls and SO many cute clothes! This was the first shower that we received more matching clothes than anything else. I'm not going to lie...as much as I've said that they'll match sometimes but they don't have to have everything matching, it sure is fun to see 2 of the same little outfits, sleepers, gowns, etc! 



Katey and I have been friends for a looong. were in each other's weddings, go to church together, hang out with our husbands together. They're our go-to's for a game night or card playing night. I cherish her friendship so much! (and am slightly jealous that they're on a plane to Hawaii today..but that's a story for another day)


This lady. She has been one of our biggest encouragers from our first Sunday at church. There's something special to be said about the relationship you form with the people you sit right behind during church service every week, am I right? I have a feeling our girls will be pew hopping or crawling to sit with Mrs. Deloris as soon as they can...if she doesn't swipe them up herself first! 


Our nephew Riley took the camera and started going snap happy at the end of the shower, I'm sparing you about 50 photos on my camera card of random shots. So, this isn't the best picture, but it's not awful coming from a 9 year old. I just love these ladies! 




 Get ready for a few more from Riley...wait for it....


Yikes! 


Fresh flowers and raspberry sherbet...my heart swoons. He must've known about my craving! ha


I'm not sure how he got Mrs. Nelda to do this. Yes, I do...he probably just asked her and she happily obliged. Like I said, our church family is the best! 

Well friends, that wraps up our baby showers. We will never be able to express our gratitude for everyone that came and all the hard work that SO many people put in to planning our special days. I'm a firm believer in the "it takes a village to raise a child" saying, and I'm proud of the village that will surround Amelia & Mae Parker. They have THE best examples of Christian men, women, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, siblings, friends....

We can't wait for the girls to meet their village! 

5 comments:

  1. That was super kind, for your church to host a baby shower. Looks like you received lots of nice gifts for the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! There is something so special about finding your church home where you raise your family around people that have loved and prayed for your babies before they even knew them! You're exactly right, there's a special bond with the people you share a pew (or Sunday School class) with.
    Hang in there mama, it won't be long now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was such a fun, special afternoon!! And I am especially excited you got so many matching outfits for the girls!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, where do you go to church? We are looking for a new church home in Cookeville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitson Chapel Church of Christ...am I right in remembering your family has ties there? It's a wonderful, loving and involved group of people.

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.