Friday, October 21, 2016

Our Girls are Here

It has been proven to me, yet again, that God's plan is better than mine. Looking back at the last 18 days, that's all I can come up with. 

I've been away from this space for a while, because as most of you know by now, our girls were born unexpectedly early and QUICKLY. I'll be back next week sharing their birth story and a bit about their first couple of weeks, but for now, it is my pleasure to introduce you to....

Amelia Gentry Stafford


She was born on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 2:47pm.
She weighed 4 pounds and 3 ounces and was 16 1/2 inches long.

Mae Parker Stafford


She was born on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 2:49pm.
She weighed 5 pounds and was 17 3/4 inches long.

To say that these girls, who are just 19 days old and have been in our home for just 3 days now have rocked our world, is an understatement. I posted on Instagram yesterday after Mae Parker finally got to come home with us that I had always heard other parents describe this immediate, unconditional love, a feeling of joy, a full heart, a completed life, being so blessed and happy that they could burst. I often wondered if I would ever experience those same feelings for myself. Now that there are 2 girls under our roof...I get it and all of those "sayings" are beyond true. Two precious lives that God chose for us and entrusted to us. It's incredible. 

The last 2+ weeks have been nothing short of a blur, and honestly I kept zero notes along the way. In hindsight, I wish so badly that I had been recording their progress each day, but I have beautiful memories of watching these girls grow and be oh so loved by their nurses during their hospital stay. Maybe those memories are meant to outweigh all the daily numbers, levels, test results, etc. 


Our girls have a beautiful story to tell and I look forward to sharing that with you. Thank you all so much for all of your kind words and prayers these past several months and these past several days. I've said it before and will say it again and again...our girls are loved beyond measure by SO many. It's our honor to be their parents.  

8 comments:

  1. Hooray! They are beautiful and I'm so glad they are home with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!! Congratulations!! They are just lovely. You are blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so excited for you guys! The girls are absolutely precious. Enjoy your time with them =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to continue to watch your beautiful story unfold! Praise God for His plans and two perfect miracles in your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not gonna lie - I'd been waiting for your next post and I figured that the girls had arrived and I was so excited for you! Still am! This is amazing and they are beautiful and I cannot wait to hear their story. Congratulations to your little family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! So excited for y'all!!!!! They are beautiful and y'all are going to be the best parents! Can't wait to watch them grow up! Congrats to you and Stephen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what precious girls! I am looking forward to hearing how they came into this world as long watching the grow and flourish. Congrats Mommy and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls are precious! Praise the Lord they are doing well and home! Can't wait to watch them grow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.