Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday Confessions

I'm not sure why I love sharing such randomness about my life (and sometimes embarrassing I might add), but I LOOOOVE Thursday Confessions post! Don't you?!

|one|

The older I get, the more I really LOVE dark chocolate. You couldn't get the 15 heck the 25 or 30 year old me to even touch it. Now, it's all I want. I feel one step closer to being a legit grown-up..


I've just got to try and learn to love coffee. The last big and final step.

|two|

Have  you ever tried the website Take Them a Meal for sharing meals for friends and neighbors in times of need? I seriously think this is one of the best ideas ever! It's so stinkin' simple for a group of church members or friends to sign up for a specific night to take dinner to new parents, someone recovering from illness or surgery, etc. I love using this site for our friends as we all are going through the next phase of lives and adding babies to the mix.



|three|

Call me a nerd, but I am obsessed with office supplies stores. Kid in a candy store obsessed. I rarely ever buy anything, but oh all the pretty pens and planners and stationary and folders and THE POST IT NOTE SECTION!!!


|four|

All of the hospital, Imaging, Anesthesia and doctors' bills have come in from my hospital stay, the girls' c-section, and their 17 and 18 day hospital stay...and an ER trip for Stephen for a BAD stomach virus back before Christmas. I am THRILLED to report everything is paid off except for one LARGE bill on our sweet Mae Parker. She's on a 12 month payment plan which we knocked down to a 4 month plan from the get-go. We joke that she'll be officially ours in May, but until then she's on loan. We've had to adjust our spending in other areas but are SO happy to have that much debt paid off so quickly!


|five|

I've spent several hours this week at work in training for a "new" purchase requisitioning program. Men hate change, but men especially hate change from anything that starts with "this will all be done online now..." Insert the moaning, groaning, weeping and gnashing of teeth. Is it Friday yet?


One more day. I think I can, I think I can.

Happy Thursday friends!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving dark chocolate too now!!! I used to hate it but when you want to eat healthy and also want a piece of chocolate, dark is the way to go! And I didn't like coffee until 2 years ago (that's when I officially felt like an adult) but I still can't drink it dark ha! Give me a mocha, a latte--anything with a little sweetness!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect stationary store gif. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you the bill from C's delivery and our 5 day hospital stay was enough to give me a heart attack. Paying it off was such a lifted burden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at the post about Mae Parker having a 4 month payment plan and only being on loan! Haha Too funny!!!
    My husband is also obsessed with office supply stores. When he became a member of the hostage negotiation team, we stopped at Staples and he bought himself a bag, and filled it with anything he thought he might need, and it was pathetic because he was having SO much fun! It was like a kid in a candy store ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.