Thursday, February 2, 2017

Life Lately - January Edition

We began our 2017 in fancy dresses Stephen's dad picked out for the girls to wear to church on New Year's Day. Since they spend most of their time either at home or at my in-law's house, we mostly keep them in footed sleepers. It's just easier that way and comfortable for them. So Sundays are our days to play dress up!


On the 2nd, the girls were officially 3 months old! I recapped their first three months here.



I have been wanting a fancy shower head for our bathroom since we moved in and finally got one for Christmas; Stephen had it swapped out in just a few minutes. And I have to say, I LOVE it! It's the little things. 


Amelia is definitely our professional napper and starting to rival my blogger friend Sarah's husband for her napping locations and positions....



And Mae Parker pretty much naps curled up on her side (TOTALLY supervised of course!).


I started a new Bible study / devotional this year. If you're looking for a new study through the Bible, look into the Thrive bible - it's really great, and includes a daily reading plan that gets you through the Bible in a year.


January also marked the end of Newborn diapers. Mae Parker started wearing Size 1's some time back and Amelia followed a few weeks later. She was less than thrilled to put on her last Newborn snug-fitting diaper. 


When your bestie is also a photographer and loves to snap pics of your girls, you let her! These "3 Month" photos turned out SOOO great! I can't wait to share them with you soon!


We had a cold snap early on which meant the perfect weather for crockpot soup...


and watching the snowfall from the comfort of our backdoor!


Back on the 9th, I headed back to work after enjoying a sweet but fast 14 weeks off with our girls. The night before, I snagged up some extra snuggles while texting friends for encouragement and bawling like, well, a baby. It was a rough night. 


BUT, my sweet co-workers had my office clean as a whistle and ready for my return with a welcome back sign, a mini billboard replica of the girls "Babies of the Month" billboard that was all around town back in October and November and one of my aunt and uncles sent me flowers for my first day back just to brighten my day. 


So now that I'm back at work. the girls are attending Camp Lolli and Pop every day until Stephen gets done with work to pick them up. Stephen's mom is a retired Elementary School teacher, so the girls are enjoying storytime, songs, play time, baby exercises and soon letters of the week! ha


They're also close to mastering their Bumbo seats! (yes we still wear our Christmas pj's around here)


Our nephews are growing fonder and fonder of the girls every day. To say they are OBSESSED with these girls is an understatement. It's so sweet watching them together. 


We celebrated my sister's birthday in January sister / sister style!


And played more Sunday dress up!



After the first three months of multiple bottle washings a day, we completely switched to solely using the MAM bottles and have loved the change more than words can say! No more masses and masses of bottle parts to wash and sterilize day in and day out. 


Stephen has recently re-worked his route so that he has a couple longer days during the week and can stay at home on Fridays with the girls. Which means, Friday lunch dates with my three favorites! Maybe not every Friday, but it sure is a nice treat!


We also stopped using baby towels this month and just started using regular bath towels. The girls seem to like the warmth better and they just dry better. They're huge of course, but overall it's a good change for us. 


I used Christmas money to order some of my favorite photos on canvas from our Newborn session!


IN LOVE with these in our home! 


And during my maternity I've "trained" my hair to go 2, 3 sometimes 4 days without a wash. I never thought I'd see the day, but with the help of dry shampoo, a flat iron and a few head bands and bobby pins, I'm getting the hang of it and it looks fairly decent in the process. 


Last weekend we went out to eat dinner on Friday because sometimes you just need to get out! The girls were looking super cute in overalls that I picked up at Wal-Mart of all places! Justine will be so proud of our WM finds!


So Amelia wasn't too thrilled that night because she's been congested and snotty, and unfortunately there's nothing prescription wise that can be given so we've been using these two things religiously and they seem to help her.


And then there's Stephen's new way to feed and burp the girls...


I'll end with one of Amelia's sweet smiles...or evil laugh. We're not quite sure yet!


We had a great month to kickoff 2017 and are excited for all that is to come in February!!

Today, Amelia and Mae Parker are 4 months old!! Come back tomorrow for a 4 month update on our little ladies!

4 comments:

  1. EEEKKKK...They are just precious! I want to reach through the computer and just squeeze them!!
    4 months....wow! It goes by so fast:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't love this post anymore! Your girls Erica are just absolutely precious!! I remember how awful it was to go back to work after maternity leave. It did get better, but the first week was just awful!
    I cannot believe they are 4 months old already! That last picture of Amelia is too cute for words =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I just laughed out loud at the beginning of this post! Apparently Amelia and Dustin and professional nappers haha!! And this post was the sweetest ever! I still cannot believe you have twin girls! January was a sweet month for you!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are getting so big so fast! I can't believe they are already big enough to sit up in Bumbo seats.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.