Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thursday Confessions: Bates, Tulips, & Denial

Well friends, it's time for me to drop some of my latest confessions. It's a favorite past-time around here! 

|one|

I've long been a fan of the Duggar family and 19 Kids and Counting. Years ago, an episode featured their friends, the Bates family and I remember saying then that they needed their own. Fast forward and they have their own show on the channel, UP! Only of the 947 channels we pay an obscene amount for each month, we don't get UP!! Womp womp. 

But who does have UP? Amazon Prime Video. We've recently binged watched The Night Manager (thanks Sarah) and have started watching Sneaky Pete. But..my guilty pleasure is watching Bringing Up Bates on my tablet at night while I feed a baby and rock her to sleep. Just me, our recliner, a dark living room, ear buds, tablet, a sleeping babe and the Bates family..its my perfect ending to any night. 

Image result for BRINGING UP BATES

So I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE this family. It's an addtional $5 a month for this channel on your Amazon account, but if you're like me, you can easily binge watch the 4 seasons on there so far in 1 month, then get rid of the $5 upcharge. It may be the best $5 I've ever spent. Literally. I enjoyed the Duggars' shows, but I LOOOOVE the Bates. They're hilarious. 

|two|

For as long as I've worked at my current job (7 years next month) we've had Pepsi products. Much to 2,000 plus employees delights, they've finally recently switched over to Coke products. WHICH MEANS...WE HAVE DR. PEPPER NOW!! And in the fountain dispensers!! 


|three|

Before I came back from work from my maternity leave, I made a huge list of blog post ideas and searched around other blogs for fun topic ideas, linkups, brainstorming, etc. I'm welcome to any and all suggestions for future blog posts. I was afraid I'd get in a blog rut once I started working and raising twin babies or that I wouldn't have a good blogging routine in place. I feel like I post more than I anticipated but there isn't really a "routine" there....if you're a loyal reader, thanks for sticking with me and I hope you understand and don't mind that one week I may have 3 or 4 posts then not show back up for 2 weeks. It's life with babies. But if you have any post inspiration to share, please send it my way, I'm all ears!


|four|

Stephen had flower delivered to me at work on Valentine's Day. I brought them home that afternoon because tulips don't last long especially without natural light. He helped me unload my car and proceeded to turn right back around with them, back to the car and back to the florist. Turns out, they were NOTHING like he had ordered and he paid an ungodly amount for what I got. The florist was overly apologetic and agreed they weren't the best quality. He got a full refund, turned around went to Kroger and came home with MORE tulips than the high dollar delivery ones for a fraction of the cost. So, yeah, my Valentine's flowers got returned. Who knew that was a thing?


|five|

Certain antibiotics and a baby's belly don't mix. #diaperdisaster


|six|

I admit I am in denial of two things. 

1. Jack Pearson on This is Us cannot and is not going to die. 
2. Rachel has to win this season. This "news" of her being the next Bachelorette just HAS to be a hoax, right...


or just verrrrry good marketing measures from our Bachelor franchise producer friends to lure us into the coming season.

|seven|

A year ago this week, we were in the middle of fertility drugs, testing, ultrasounds, calendar counting, pill popping, blood drawings....it consumed our life. A year ago this week we were told there was "one favorable follicle this month" it wasn't promising so appointments for the next month were scheduled and prescription meds for the next month were called in. God had different plans for that "one favorable follicle". Anyone reading this longing to be a parent yourself, do NOT give up and do NOT stop praying. God is faithful in His own time. I will never be able to say that enough. We are so so blessed.


Thanks for stopping by friends, happy Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. Oh those sweet faces!! I would want to squeeze them!! I love all your graphics! HA
    This is Us...is killing me! I just had to stop watching the Bachelor....it was killing me! I couldn't take it anymore!
    Your tulips are beautiful!!
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get the UP channel either but I had no idea you could get it on Amazon prime! And what do you think of The Night Manager?? I couldn't stop watching! Also, love that you got your V-day flowers returned.....so romantic ;)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.