Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What We're Eating

At the first of the year, I made a big list in my planner of blog topics, linkups, ideas, etc for things I wanted to write about this year. Sharing more of our recipes, meal planning, prepping, tips etc was on that list...multiple times. I LOVE reading posts like this on other's blogs, but haven't ever done one myself. When I saw Shelby post her's earlier this week and then went and looked up Katie's that she mentioned in her post, I knew it was the perfect time to get my "What We're Eating" post out there! 

Life B.C. (before children, haha) I typically went to the grocery store either after work on Friday or Monday. Now, I make a mad dash to get everything I need any free moment that I get when the girls are calm, cool and collected at home long enough without the hubs losing his ever loving mind. Because let's face it, shopping carts aren't meant for holding 2 carseats. 

The last 2 times I've been to the grocery store in the past three weeks, somehow I've had just one baby with me and thought, eh why not get this done? 



Ok, on to the good stuff...here's what's on our dinner menu this week and next week!

Monday 2/20: Cheeseburger Gnocchi, Salad, Garlic Bread (I'll be sharing this new recipe soon!)

Tuesday 2/21: Marinated Pork Tenderloin with polenta, roasted sweet potatoes & asparagus

Wednesday 2/22: Frozen Pizza (Wednesdays are typically our quick / no cook nights, and always have been with it being a church night. We've skipped out on Wednesday night church since the girls have been born. It's flu season, they're preemies, their immune systems are lower, bedtime routine starts at 8p..it's just not the best time for us right now. BUT...SPRING...glorious Spring is just around the corner!!)

Thursday 2/23: Dinner @ Mom and Dad's...Thursday night is family night around here! 

Friday 2/24: I've promised Stephen a Date Night if he'd round up a babysitter...or two. We're pretty excited! Our first (and only) date night after having the girls, ended abruptly after dinner when I had to get back to my babies. I just couldn't stay gone long. I am however making dinner Friday night for some friends of ours who just had a baby themselves. I'll be taking them my "famous" Chicken Spinach Lasagna Rolls, Salad, Bread and a dessert. I'll get everything together Thursday night, then pop it in the oven Friday afternoon before we go visit with them!

Saturday 2/25: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, Baked Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli 

Sunday's are for lunch with Stephen's family and leftovers for dinner....always. The end. 

Monday 2/27: Chicken Casserole and Veggie Casserole (I've got pans of these in the freezer from a while back, and with our Tuesday plans...these will come in super handy for Monday night!) 

Tuesday 2/28: MARDI GRAS! We've been celebrating this fun "holiday" for some years now and we're hosting a couple friends over this year. Basically, Stephen's going to be the only guy in the middle of a girls dinner party. I've been friends with these girls for ages...I can't wait for the story swapping and laughs! OH! What I'm making...Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo in the crockpot, white rice, some kind of crusty bread and of course, King Cake! 

That's a week and a half planned...and if I'm super ambitious one of these days, I'll get to planning a month at at time. (I'm not holding my breath...the fact that I'm doing a week and a half is about blowing my mind!) 

Linking up with Erika today! 



1 comment:

  1. Cheeseburger gnocchi? That sounds delish! I can't wait till you share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.