Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Faves

It's been a few dozen Fridays since I've posted a Favorites - so here we go with some of my favorites from this week!!

|one|

Thursday nights are Family Night for us. If you follow me on Instagram you saw a few little videos in my story feed last night. What I didn't include was this over the moon sweet moment of our youngest nephew, Colin reading to our little Amelia. 


|two|

Earlier this week, I snuck a couple hours away after work to freshen up my hair. I'm really not sure if there's ANYTHING else I love more than getting my hair done. I've told practically everyone I've ever known, if I win the lottery one day I don't want a maid, I don't want a cook, I don't want a chauffeur, I just want a someone to do my hair every day. Anyone else with me? 


|three|

The easiest and best side dish is roasted veggies! Green beans, asparagus, sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts, broccoli....the list goes on. A little EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and any other seasonings you wish...bake at 400 for 30 minutes or so...perfection every time! (we're also a fan of polenta as a side especially with pork tenderloin)


|four|

I love how Timehop reminds me of significant (and also the lame insignificant day to day) memories. This week it reminded me that we were house shopping 3 years ago. We looked at 6 or 8 houses in one day and then turned around a did it again with 6 or 8 more houses a few days later. The house we bought was the next to last house we looked at. When we saw it, we just knew it was the one we wanted. 


So we've gone from looking at houses and homeowners leaving their dogs behind during showings (dumb move folks) to now picking out new flooring to replace the perfectly good flooring we had. More on that saga next week. 


|five|

Next week my mother in law leaves for her annual around the world trip. She'll be gone for almost two weeks, so we've had to make other arrangements for our girls during the days. We are SO SO fortunate to have friends and family willingly offer to help us out. It also doesn't hurt that it's falling on Spring Break week here, so I've got teacher family members and friends sparing a Spring Break day to take care of our girls. We joke that Amelia and Mae are about to go on a two week adventure around to so many different people, but we know they'll be loved and well cared for! 


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend! 

Linking up with : Andrea, Karli and Christina

3 comments:

  1. I love the IG story of your nephew rocking Mae Parker. Oh my sweetness!
    Eeek. I know the floors and mess have been a pain in your hiney but I can't wait to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so good and OMG...that video melted my heart!!!💗Have a great weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.