Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Recipe Club: Stuffed French Bread


Today, I'm linking up with my blogger friends Johannah and Heather for their monthly recipe linkup!! Before our house was ripped apart (see yesterday's post here), I tried a couple new recipes and managed to remember to snap some pics along the way. 

Today, I'm sharing a recipe I found online here for Stuffed French Bread. 


I typically have ground beef portioned off from a large pack that I keep in the freezer. I feel like I get in a rut with ground beef recipes. Spaghetti, tacos, meatloaf, hamburgers, meatballs, stuffed peppers, the list gets boring. I ran across a Pinterest post..you know one of those "25+ Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners" kind of posts. This one was included along with another that I'll share next month. It sounded easy peasy and tasty, so it was added to our menu plan for that particular week. (and I had everything on hand to make it except for the loaf of bread). 

Here's what you'll need: 

Loaf of French Bread
1 - 1 1/2 lb of ground beef
2 TBS chopped onion (ok so I used half an onion and it was great)
1/2 c chopped celery
1 tsp garlic
1 can cream of mushroom
2 TBS milk
2 tsp Worcestershire
Salt & Pepper
2 cup shredded cheddar


Here's what you'll do: 

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
-Slice the loaf of bread in half and hull out the insides of each half. (Save the bread.)


Cook your ground beef, onion, celery and garlic until done. Drain grease and return to stove. Stir in cream of mushroom, milk, worcestershire, salt and pepper. Simmer 5-10 minutes. 


Mix bread pieces into meat mixture. (This part sounds awful, but play along...it turns out good!) 


-Chat with a cute baby / sous chef. Oh my floors..I miss having a floor. 


-Spread meat mixture on bread halves. (I used 2 small loaves which you'll see in a minute.)


-Top with cheese.


Place other half on top of loaf. (or loaves depending on what your store's bakery has that day)


-Bake for 15 minutes or so until cheese is melted.


-Slice up and enjoy!

This was a super easy weeknight dinner and made so much that the mister and I had lunch covered for a couple of days. It's VERY filling. It refrigerated and reheated very well too...much better than I anticipated honestly. We both loved it and will definitely be making this recipe for years to come. 




3 comments:

  1. My guys would LOVE these! Thank you for sharing and linking up with us!
    Adding these to the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this looks SO good! Brian would most definitely love this!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh... I love french bread and this meal looks like it wouldn't disappoint! Going to have to try it out soon; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.