Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Recent Favorites From Around the Blog World!

Today, I'm sharing some of my favorite posts shared in the last few weeks in the blog world. I love using the Bloglovin' app and saving posts that pull at my heartstrings, whether it's a good laundry tip, a new party theme, marriage advice, or anything and everything in between!! It's so easy to keep up with my blogger friends and discover new to me bloggers! If I have any down time I'm scrolling through this app!

Ok, so I am a faithful Kroger shopper. My mom has always gone "Krogering" and so do I. When I first moved out on my own, I went to Walmart but mainly because it was 5 minutes from my apartment. Once we were married, I converted to Kroger. But....lately....I've been making trips to Aldi. They don't have everything I need on our list, but what all they do have is usually at a lesser price than other grocers.



April, at A Smidge of This, has shared a few Aldi related posts, and I will whole-heartedly admit, her "Aldi Find's From Yesterday's Trip" post was what got me in Aldi's door to do some shopping. I love going there now! It's so laid back and I don't feel rushed at all. My only complaint is that the arrangement of some items just doesn't make sense. I'm sure after a few trips, I'll learn the layout like the back of my hand. I still go to Kroger, but Aldi checks off several of our grocery list items as well.

Stephanie over at Wife, Mommy, Me shared a great post, "A Lesson in Luck", about teaching her son lessons in thankfulness. It's never to early to teach littles some grown up lessons. And honestly, teaching the girls thankfulness has never crossed my mind.



I've thought about teaching them love, how to serve, politeness, etc...but thankfulness. WOW. How do you even start with a little kid on such a huge character quality? I want our girls to be thankful for things they have and for acts of kindness that others provide for them. I love some of these tips that Stephanie shares.

Over at Perfectly Port, Erin recently shared a post, "To the Mom With Little Kids, I See You". This post was just what I needed to hear for this new phase of life I'm in. So many people will say to a new mom, "It goes so fast...enjoy it." Which I 100% agree with. But it's also hard work in the beginning and I don't feel like enough grace is always extended to new parents. I love Erin's compassion in this post. 



If you've been a visitor or a member of the blogging world for ANY time, when I say "Kelly" chances are you know who I'm talking about. She wrote a beautiful post, "Waiting is the Hardest Part". When I read it, I re-read it and then read it again. I could've written that post...for every single word she said. I knew we had shared similar experiences but we have SUCH a similar past in the same age phases.

Kelly's Korner

She writes about what she would tell her 20 year old self and her 30 year old self, the worries that she had then how in hindsight she may have worried too much and not enjoyed enough. How God's plan comes together for you piece by piece in time. Oh if I could only go back and share a snippet of advice and wisdom to my younger self.

And, I feel inclined to share a recipe related post! Skinny Taste shared a recipe for Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas with Creamy Salsa Verde...and oh my goodness, it looks and sounds amazing!

White beans, shredded chicken, green chiles, sour cream and cheese – need I say more?

I've tried a couple of her recipes in the past and none so far have disappointed. Once our kitchen and house is back in place (hopefully by the end of the week) this recipe is on my list to try ASAP. I can't wait to get back in my kitchen!! I love to cook and bake and I've missed it so much these past 7 weeks. We've certainly managed to get by, but there's only so many crockpot and one pot or pan dinner bakes that you can make before you're aching to make different meals!!

Most recently, Andrea (who I just know we could be BFF's in real life) shared her annual Family Fiesta that celebrates her three kiddos birthdays in April. First of all, any themed dinner involving Mexican food, I'm in!! Second of all, we have 2 kids now with the same birthday. At some point, they'll want their "friends" birthday party and when that day comes, I think Andrea's plan is a great option for family to celebrate!!



Between my immediate family and Stephen's immediate family, I think it will be close to impossible to get a night where we can all go out to dinner to celebrate, so planning an in-home dinner party like this may be easier for everyone. And we all know my deep love for themed dinners!!

What a fun post, right? You may have already read a couple of these posts in recent weeks, but I just had to share them as some of my recent favorites!! The blog world...it's one of my many favorite things in the whole world!

Linking up here!






3 comments:

  1. I loved reading Andrea's post about her family fiesta! It makes me want to throw one for no reason!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love :)
    I love Aldi and Kroger but WalMart gets my business from time to time. I usually sit down and plan things based on the ads for the week. But more times than not, I'm shop all 3 stores each week for the best deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding new blogs to read so I'm off to check these posts out! I've recently started shopping at Aldi too and it really does have great deals! THe only thing I haven't bought yet is their meat. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.