Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Recipe Club: Cheeseburger Gnocchi


This month I'm sharing another easy and scrumptious ground beef recipe. Last month I shared a recipe for Stuffed French Bread that you can find here. I talked about how I'm also on the search for new ground beef recipes beyond the norms of spaghetti (even though we did have spaghetti for dinner Monday night as you might have seen on my instastories and it was fabulous) tacos, meatloaf, chili, etc...I came across this one thanks again to our faithful friend Pinterest, which led me back to this link, made just a few small adjustments and gave it a while.

It turned out really good, but it's also rather rich and heavy. I'm glad I served this up with a side salad to lighten it up a bit.

Here's what you'll need for this Cheeseburger Gnocchi: 

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon  paprika
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
  • 2 diced onion
  • minced garlic
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1 cup beef broth (or water)
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream (I used Half & Half)
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Here's what you'll do: 


Melt butter in a skillet and "toast" gnocchi on one side for a couple of minutes. Flip gnocchi to toast the other side. Remove from pan and cook your beef, onions and garlic. Add in all the seasonings and cook until meat and onions are done. Drain any excess grease. 

Strap a baby onto you in your new baby carrier and say a prayer of thanksgiving because you've finally figured out how to maneuver through cooking and chores without a fussy baby wanting you to pick her up. 


Add tomatoes, broth and gnocchi back to the pain with meat mixture and turn heat down to low. Let summer until most of the liquid is absorbed and gnocchi is tender. 


Look down and find said baby fast asleep in carrier. 


Pull pan off the heat and stir in your cream and 1/2 cup of cheese. Transfer to baking dish, top with remaining cheese and bake under a broiler setting for 3-5 minutes. 



Let the dish set for 5-10 minutes before serving.


And just like that you've got dinner on the table. Quick, easy and delicious..everyone's favorites!!


And the last and final step...let your husband try on the baby carrier with your other baby and snap pics of her pure joy! Gosh, I sure love happy babies!  


Checkout other recipes today here and here

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Not only does this look delicious, you had me laughing reading this! You are amazing to take care of not 1 but 2 babies while cooking! I remember how hard dealing with just 1 was while getting ready for dinner. You are a rockstar! And those girls just keep getting cuter and cuter by the day =)

    Thanks for linking up with us today Erica =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.