Monday, April 17, 2017

Weekend by the Numbers

76
Miles from our house to our dinner date in Nashville to celebrate Stephen's birthday! We had the best time Friday night!!


5
inches of hair cut off right before this date. Because when I get a whim to cut my hair, I just go and get it done before I have time to talk myself out of it. It's hair it'll grow back. But I love it and it feels great!

5
Course dinner. #yeswedid

Ounce Filet for my dinner. It was everything I had hoped it would be and then some!


29
Years of this handsome fella! 


1
NFL Quarterback we were valeted behind. Stephen refrained himself from going all fan girl on Titans' QB, Marcus Mariota, but he was beside himself when he got out of this truck right in front of us and then walked beside us into the restaurant. 


47 
Glorious but short minutes spent at Target on the way home, because he loves me enough to let me go to Target on his birthday. 

16
ounces of baby food 1 butternut squash makes! Saturday morning I made our first batch of baby food and made a couple more throughout the weekend. 


1
Year celebrating our friends Chase and Taylor's little boy, Isaac. He had the cutest "Time Flies When You're Having Fun" party filled with all kinds of airplane decor! I just love first birthday parties!!

15/10
Number of food dishes at my grandparents' house for our traditional "Saturday before Easter" family get together. It's safe to say we all leave in food comas. 10 being the number of desserts....because our family is notorious for desserts. 

107
pieces of candy and plastic eggs picked up for these girls first Egg Hunt! 






2
cousins who are overly protective (and obsessed) with Amelia and Mae.


9:18 pm
The earliest bedtime I've had in a looong time. The girls were exhausted and so was mama. 

5
hours slept before Amelia woke up at 2:25am wide awake ready to party. #noma'am

2
pretty little dresses that needed ironing before church on Sunday morning. 


Easter baskets filled with all kinds of goodies for the girls' first visit from the Easter Bunny!


8
attempts at getting Amelia to sit up before I gave up and just went with this one...



10
pieces of candy / plastic eggs picked up at the Egg Hunt at our church after service. We were less than excited the second egg hunt around and were more interested in chatting with others!

1
old white wicker chair that was mine when I was little girl that I plopped the girls in at my parents house in hopes of just one good picture of Amelia..and....


Success! 

So, naturally I had to try Mae Parker in it too! 


Success, meet Round 2. 

1.5
hour Sunday nap had by all. 

sporadic hours throughout the weekend I spent catching up on some work I brought home. A few minutes here, a few minutes there...and BOOM...done and caught up!

7:16pm
Time for everyone's favorite! Baby food time!!


In their high chairs for the first times as well! 


12
ounces of milk (formula whatever)  split between the two girls and they were out like a light just before 9pm. 

Loads of laundry done and done. 

$9.99
spent on downloading a new lullaby album because I can only listen to the same songs so many times in 6 months all night every night...and....it's Kenny Chesney music. It's pretty good as far as lullaby music goes. 


11:10pm
Bottles washed, laundry folded, clothes laid out, bags packed...we're ready for tomorrow! Time for this mama to call it a day! 


Linking up with Johannah and Heather

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good meal Friday night! This place sounds really interesting and we may have to check it out some time...what was it called again? And sometimes I want to cut my hair and then it's all I can think about until I do it! 5 inches makes you feel like a new person!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love this post. The girls were precious for their first Easter!!
    Enjoy this time. It really does go by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they could not look more adorable in their Easter dresses! So cute! Glad you had a nice holiday, and enjoyed a dinner out!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.