I just love a good Day in the Life post, don't you? I documented last Friday, March 2 for today's post. What started as a well planned out Friday CERTAINLY did not go as planned. I could've stopped within an hour of waking up but I kept on snapping photos from the day. You're about to see a big slice of real life!
Normally I wake up between 5:30 and 6, but on Friday I had everything ready to literally get up, throw on some makeup, clothes and walk out the door, and with that being said, I slept in a little later.
After I got ready, I laid everything out for a roast (including step by step directions) for Stephen to throw it all into the crockpot after he and the girls got up and going.
When I walked outside our neighbors three doors up were having their trees topped. This makes three houses around us to do this last week. You can't see it from the glare, but they were out there bright and early in all their loud glory. Did I miss a neighborhood memo about topping our trees the last week of February?
Annnnnd this is where things took a turn. So there I was minding my own business had a few extra minutes to spare, just long enough to swing by the nearest Sonic and pickup my beloved Strawberry Water. It's not on my way to work, but it's not terribly far out of the way either...especially that early in the morning. So I guess because I got so distracted from the dang tree trimming fiasco I whipped out of our driveway and neighborhood and went on my way contemplating why is everybody having their trees trimmed, we have that one huge tree out front, but it's not touching power lines, I know because I looked as I pulled out. Do we need to have it trimmed? Am I letting the neighborhood influence me? Is this going to turn out like Christmas with the Kranks Part II? I mean, yall. My head was swirling.
And then I noticed blue lights coming up behind me. First instinct as always, slow down but I wasn't even going the speed limit to begin with. The car in front of me slow downed, we both pulled over to get out of his way. He pulled over too. Well that's odd. Wait. IS HE PULLING ME OVER? The car in front of me pulled back into traffic and went on.
See him...there he is, THP Officer Allison if I remember correctly. Riding on his fancy motorcycle circa C.H.I.P.S. 1987. Lurking in the trees somewhere I guess because I don't know where the dude came from.
I WASN'T WEARING MY SEAT BELT!!!!!!!!
I HAVE NEVER....DID YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY...NEVER IN MY ALMOST 20 YEARS OF DRIVING BEEN PULLED OVER....FOR ANNNNYTHING. He told me and I thought, huh...well, lookatthat, sure didn't. So I'm thinking he's going to run my license see my stellar record, see the two carseats (sans babies) in the back, give me a warning on this fine, sunny Friday morning and send me on my way.
NOPE.
Officer Allison instead must've had a soggy bowl of Cheerios that morning because he gave me a $30 ticket. I took the papers with a haughty look of derision and pulled into Sonic because dang it all I was doing was going to get some water to start my day while trying to figure out the Tree Trimming Escapades of Tara Estates.
(Yes, that's the name, well old name of our neighborhood. There are no signs, it was just word of mouth named because one of the original homes years ago was this large white Antebellum style house and when in the south, you name all the things by Gone with the Wind references.)
Fast forward, got my water, threw the ticket in my purse and went on with my day. The day before my computer had crashed at work and when I left on Thursday afternoon, the I.T. department had three guys in my office with my hard drive literally in pieces. So I was pleasantly surprised to find a temp hard drive back in place that morning until they finish building me a new tower.
P.S. LOOOOVE my new standing desk. I'll stand for a couple hours, sit for an hour. It's a good balance. Work was work all day long. Fixed everyone's problems, played referee, answered 304 emails and 98 phone calls, put out no less than 12 immediate fires. Saved the world. #dramaticmuch
Meanwhile at Camp Lollie and Pop's...
The girls continue to live their very best life there.
Timehop slayed me again.
It's a love hate relationship.
At some point mid morning, I needed some upbeat tunes and Aerosmith is always my go-to. Have I ever mentioned how many times I've seen them in concert? And about that one time I was three rows from the front and Steven Tyler looked right into my eyes and pointed at me. Because he totally did.
The hospitals's HR department and Admin treated everyone with a free lunch Fiesta style. We've had a hectic few months in light of the flu epidemic. Our numbers have been INSANE. This little "thank you for your hard work" lunch was much appreciated.
And the churros were much appreciated too!
During lunch I grabbed my laptop and finished up a couple last minute Pampered Chef orders from a show I had earlier in the week.
Meanwhile at Camp Lollie & Pop's...
Our girls met up with their great-grandma, great-aunt and uncle for lunch at the Cracker Barrel. To my knowledge they walked away with no toys or clothes, I find that very hard to believe.
I left work around 3:30 and headed to pick up my little ladies! (Sidenote: That's my favorite KC song of all times playing and I LOVE this channel!)
I met Stephen's mom in town to get the girls and since we were on that side of town, I took them by my mom's work to see her and so she could show them off a bit. We are NEVER on that side of town during the day, so it just worked out!
My mom is a bookkeeper at a Boat and ATV dealership. The girls had no trouble instantly finding boxes of her 2016/2017 paperwork and making themselves at home.
Also of note, I worked at the same dealership through college and after graduation. 5 years I think; maybe 6? I worked in parts and service. Yep, you know me, diagnosing boat motor problems, pulling the parts you need and sending you on your way. I also did boat and atv sales paperwork, titles, registrations, etc. I actually really enjoyed working there.
SO many free stories included in this Day in the Life!
After we got home, the girls needed a quick nap. Normally we don't like for them to nap after 3 or 4, but they were acting all kinds of special so a 40 minute nap solved all the world's problems that afternoon.
Happy girl post nap.
And then the plan changed again. I was supposed to go to the movies with some girlfriends later that night after we all had kiddos to bed, but life happened.
Both girls have been toughing out a spell of congestion, allergies, whatever the last couple of weeks. Amelia started coughing eating dinner and kept coughing until she made herself throw up. And throw up. AND throw up. When she was finally done, we unstrapped her high chair, put her and it in the bath tub and washed them both off. Life happens.
She acted fine, if not even better after her little sick spell, but I just couldn't bring myself to leave her knowing what had just happened. So, my mama's heartstrings pulled tight enough and kept me a home foregoing the girls' night out. Oh well.
While rocking Mae to sleep, I started watching an episode of the new season of Counting On, because I'm huge fan of those Duggars.
And I snapped this of Stephen sitting on the couch, holding Amelia pretending to play on his phone but really he was watching it too and loving it. He says he doesn't, but look at that grin on his face. He does this with all of "my" shows. It cracks me up.
After we put the girls to bed, I watched another episode of Counting On, took a shower, ran a load of laundry, submitted my Pampered Chef show order and called it a night.
And that my friends was our Friday. Sunny skies, a new friend in Officer Allison, Aerosmith jams, Bunny shaped pancakes and another Duggar wedding in the making.
I wouldn't trade this for the world. Well. Yes, I would trade my little morning stop for many other things, but it could've been worse. Life...every single day...is just about perspective...and wearing your seat belt.

Love A Day in the Life post! I can't believe he gave you a ticket! UGH!
ReplyDeleteOhhh Erica. Seriously, I have told you this before but you totally crack me up! I am sorry that Officer Allison started your morning off splendidly. If you were here in Maine, I would help you out with that ticket =) It really seems like your girls do live the best life during the day with the grandparents! These day in the life posts are some of my absolute favorites to read!
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday Friend =)
Oh my word what a way to start the day...and you know we are watching Counting On over here too!
ReplyDeleteOkay I cannot believe that you got a seatbelt ticket!?!? That's horrible! And I'm glad that work rewarded y'all though! That food sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts