So, in month 8 I’ve failed miserably at keeping notes about
their month and progress. Womp, Womp. This month’s update may be rather short
and sweet.
When I think about this month, all that instantly comes to
mind is “WHEW!” I mean, they’re not even crawling yet and they are ACTIVE
little girls! Many nights after they go to sleep and we put them to bed,
Stephen and I just sit there for a good 30 minutes to an hour decompressing,
ha! This is such a fun phase we’re in. Their little personalities are
blossoming before our eyes, and their interaction with each other is more and
more every day! They play with each other (although, I’m not sure they realize
what they’re doing yet) and they make each other laugh which is the SWEETEST
thing to watch.
Amelia
Amelia weighs 16 pounds and is 24 inches long! She had a little stomach bug and/or stomach problems from teething for a couple of weeks and let’s just say that we went through MANY MANY diapers. (I should also add that her sister was going through the same thing at the same time..naturally. I don’t really even WANT to know how many diapers we changed in those 2 weeks. I know one day alone was almost 30 between the two of them…ALMOST THIRTY!)

Amelia weighs 16 pounds and is 24 inches long! She had a little stomach bug and/or stomach problems from teething for a couple of weeks and let’s just say that we went through MANY MANY diapers. (I should also add that her sister was going through the same thing at the same time..naturally. I don’t really even WANT to know how many diapers we changed in those 2 weeks. I know one day alone was almost 30 between the two of them…ALMOST THIRTY!)

Her “latest trick” as we’ve been calling it, is to scrunch
her nose up and huff rapidly. It’s cute and hilarious…everything a new baby
trick should be! She does it when she’s excited and has even done it on
command…which is even better.
She’s been playing the bashful card lately. If I’m holding
her and someone…anyone…comes up to talk to her, she’ll immediately turn and
bury her face in my shoulder, then pop her head back up, wait until the person
says something else, then bury her face again…so forth and so on. Also adorably
cute.
She eats like a champ and some days could care less about
her bottle. We’ve had a couple of nights recently that she’s refused her
bedtime bottle and gone to sleep without out and slept all night. For a few
fleeting moments, I worried and then reminded myself if she’s hungry, she’ll
let us know.
She is still wearing a Size 2 diaper. SOME 9 month clothes,
but mostly 6 month stuff still fits her better.
She can be fussy and fidgety but start singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and she calms right down. "The horn on the bus goes beep beep beep" is by far her favorite verse!
She has said “Da-Da” several times this month, although
we’re not sure if it’s just a new sound or if she’s saying it referring to her
Daddy.
Mae Parker
MP weighs just a few ounces shy of 20 pounds. I think I’ve
mentioned it before on here, but I don’t realize how big she is until I see
someone else hold her. She’s grown SO much!!
Her biggest achievement has been the 2 bottom teeth she’s
worked so hard on this month. She’s handled it as well as a baby can, but bless
her heart, you can watch the pain instantly hit her because she’s fine and then
in a split second she’s miserable. It’s hard to watch. Tylenol, Orajel and a good
nap usually will help her…and me.
She is SO close to crawling and there are days that it
wouldn’t surprise me if she walks before she crawls. She wants SO bad to crawl
forward, but just can’t quite figure it out yet. She can go backwards and to
both sides and make her way across a room by making circle after circle, but go
forward…she’s not there yet. She tries and tries and gets SO mad.
Both girls love to be outside, but I think Mae would stay
outside all day if you let her.
She wears a Size 3 diapers and 9 month clothes!
She’s a Daddy’s girl, and has a special bond with my dad,
our nephews and my Uncle Bud. She just LIGHTS UP for any of them. She sits with
my Uncle Bud and Aunt Linda during church on Sunday mornings and they eat it
up! They grab her as soon as we walk in the door and typically we won’t have
her again until we’re headed out to our car.
She’s a great eater. Obviously. And I’m fairly confident
that if you put a steak dinner in front of her, homegirl would try her hand at
devouring it. She watches every bite you take and lunges toward your plate.
She’s not met a bottle or pureed baby food she didn’t like. Guess it’s time to
look into all of those “First Baby Foods” pins I’ve saved on Pinterest. I tried
mushing banana and put it on her high chair tray to see if she’d attempt to pick it
up and eat it..no such luck. She tried a little avocado that way, but didn’t
seem impressed.
Well, turns out I had more stored in the memory bank from
month 8 than I thought. Which brings up another tangent…mom brain…it’s a real
thing. It’s awful and I don’t like it.
When they’re WOUND up, they’re BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS! It’s exhausting. When they’re MAD, they’re
both generally MAD together; that’s not often, but when it does happen 5
minutes feels like 5 hours. When you get them to laugh, they can’t stop. Their
giggle boxes work just fine!
I can still just sit and stare at them in disbelief that
they’re mind. I hope that fascination never goes away! Happy 8 months Amelia G
and MP!
And just for fun's sake...one year ago today we found out our two babies would be two lovely little ladies. I remember being SO excited for my friend Amy to snap this photo! I didn't want a whole session...just this ONE picture. I will treasure this one forever!














WOW! I feel ;like I just read about the 2 lovely ladies....yesterday! 8 MONTHS...CRAZY! That MP looks like a ham! I want to squeeze her thighs! Amelia is just precious!! Those big ole eyes....melt my heart!!
ReplyDeleteSERIOUSLY - every time these girls are JUST SO CUTE! What a sweet recap of month 8! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how much they've grown in those 8 months!! I mean, obviously they will but it's so crazy looking at their 1 month picture and comparing it to their 8 month. I'm sure it's difficult having twins at times but I really feel like it would be so fun!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
8 months?? NO WAY! I love their names as much as I did a year ago!
ReplyDeleteThey are so adorable!! I love their little flowered dresses! My cousin had twin girls last week and it looks like she's in for a lot of fun!!
ReplyDelete