What is this? I actually documented our weekend? WHAAAT? Don't go getting too excited; Saturday and Sunday ends up being a bust. You've been warned.
Friday after work, I picked the girls up at my sister's house. Mae Parker is on the move these days and I found her getting a piggy back ride with our oldest nephew. Hence the blurry / in-motion pic. She's a wild one.
Originally my sister and I were supposed to go to church to setup for a Wedding Shower the next morning, but the heavens opened up and it came the second flood late Friday afternoon. I wasn't too big of a fan of loading and unloading the girls during the monsoon, so we decided to go early the next morning and do it all then. Since our plans changed, I sweet talked Stephen into going out to eat and my parents tagged along.
As we left, he noticed the Hot Sign on up the road and well, he can't resist when we're that close.
By the time we got home it was bedtime for the girls. Stephen occupied them long enough for me to get the day's worth of bottles and dishes washed. I love how Amelia was giving him her undivided attention. So sweet!
During bedtime bottles, we turned on Disney Junior and my personal favorite was on. There's two short episodes in one of most Disney Junior shows. I just ADORE the "Happy Helpers" part of Mickey & the Roadster Racers. There I said it.
"Happy Helpers we're on the way...we're on the job because today....weeeeeeeeee're CAKE BAKERS!" (or whatever they are for that episode)
After the girls were down for the night, I got busy getting some of my decorations and flowers ready for the shower the next morning.
And then treated myself to one of these puppies before going to bed!
Saturday morning, we were at church bright and early to setup for our cousin Abbi's shower. She and Jerome will be married in September. Have I mentioned before that I just LOVE September weddings?! It's the best month for a wedding!
Everything turned out wonderful and we had a big crowd. (I'm also a fan of "brunch" showers...particularly the brunch food!) The rest of the day was spent unloading the car, putting things back where they belonged, and visiting with my aunt and cousin who came to shop the girls' Newborn to 6 month clothes.
Sunday morning, somehow someway, we were ready in record time with about 15 minutes to spare. Let me just say that does NOT happen on a Sunday anymore. I was super proud of us!
Sunday afternoon, I stayed home to work on some stuff I brought home from the office while Stephen and the girls went to his grandparents for lunch. Before I started working I snuck in an episode of Jane the Virgin on Netflix (YAY FOR SEASON 3 BEING UP!) and had a piece of pizza.
The rest of Sunday went like this: nap, 3 loads of laundry, church, dinner, swinging outside, bedtime routine, MP's first black eye, both girls and I ending up in the guest bed, and 3 hours of sleep before this morning's alarm went off. As much as I love our weekends, I'm glad Sunday is over. It did not end well.
Did I mention Jane the Virgin Season 3 is on Netflix?! I LOVE that show! It's quirky and cute and a total chick flick...everything a girl could want!















What a fun weekend! I love the picture of your husband reading to the girls. I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLove peeking into your life and I was a teacher so a summer wedding was a must but I agree I think September weddings are beautiful :). Your girls are TOOOOOO cute! I can't stand it, Happy Monday my sweet friend! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeletehaha love that you admitted your love of the Happy Helpers show--mom life, right?! Your girls are so cute at this age!!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts