|What we’re eating|
Monday night was Bunko night and we enjoyed dinner at our
friend Whitney’s house. She was a great hostess and served us delicious grilled chicken, a baked mac and cheese that was to die for and kale and berry salad...SO GOOD!
Tuesday night we had this quick & easy Chicken Teriyaki –
we LOVE this recipe!
Tonight we’ll scarf down something quick before church.
Thursday nights we have dinner at my parents’ house.
Friday & Saturday is a toss-up with it being a holiday
weekend. More than likely we’ll have a big family 4th celebration at
some point. No plans are set in stone yet. If not, I have things on hand to
make tacos or steak kabobs on the grill!
|What I’m reminiscing about|
Our girls will be NINE months old on Sunday. It’s truly
amazing how much our little preemie girls have grown!
|What I’m loving|
Ok, so I’ll be honest. Every month I feel guilty about going
to Bunko. I get in late, it pushes back bedtime routines. Stephen pulls
parenting duties alone (albeit I usually take one girl with me). I just doubt
whether I should go or just stay home. Every month I end up going, and you know
what, I have the best time! It’s SO good to have that time with my girlfriends
who are also in the throws of motherhood. To vent, to gossip, to share, to
LAUGH. I’m always so glad I went when I leave. So here’s to you monthly Bunko
night…I love you!

|What we’re up to|
We’re constantly chasing around our two littles…and we’re
just getting started! I only thought I was exhausted. HA.
|What I’m dreading|
As the girls grow and are starting to become adventurous and
curious, so too comes the falls, bumps and bruises. Mae Parker is pulling
herself up on anything and everything she can attempt to. Over the weekend, she
pulled herself up on the rocking chair in their room and within seconds fell and
hit her head on the bottom leg of the chair giving herself her first little
shiner on her right eye. She was pitifully crying for what seemed like forever.
I know this is part of it and we can’t protect them from every single fall and scratch,
but boy do I already hate the hurt this new learning experience will bring
them!
|What I’m working on|
I’ve started working on plans for the girls’ first birthday
party coming up! I shared a bit of our party inspiration last week with this post.
|What I’m excited about|
I’m looking forward to all of our traditional 4th
of July festivities coming up this weekend and early next week. What I’m NOT
excited about…the fireworks we’ll hear all around our house for the next 3-4
weeks if our crazy neighbors have a repeat of last year. We are literally FEET
away from being inside the city limits...where there’s dates and times
fireworks are allowed. Go a few feet down the road to where we’re outside the
city limits, and there’s no dates, no times, no restrictions. UGH. July 1-5 I’m
ok with folks shooting fireworks…knock yourself out as soon as the sun goes
down. But when it’s a Wednesday night at midnight on oh say, July 23rd…that’s
where I draw the line.
|What I’m watching|
We finished all 3 seasons of the Great British Baking Show
on Netflix. Season 4 is currently airing on PBS, but we swore to ourselves to
wait until it made it to Netflix. Also on Netflix is Season 3 of Jane the Virgin
and I’ve said it a million times before, I LOVE THIS SHOW! AND…BIG BROTHER
FINALLY STARTS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|What I’m listening to|
A few different podcasts: The Big Boo Cast, The Ben and
Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast (#bachelornation) and my friend Sarah recommended
The Risen Motherhood podcast and I have LOVED the episodes I’ve listened to so
far!
|What I’m wearing|
I mean, it’s just not Summer without a pair of crisp white
pants. I love white pants in the Summer almost as much as I love leggings in
the Fall! They coordinate with almost anything, so they’re on a frequent
rotation this time of year!
|What we’re doing this weekend|
Nothing set in stone yet, but maybe a family get-together
for the 4th. There’ll definitely be a lot of diaper changes,
bottles, giggles and tears….per usual.
|What we’re doing next month|
VACATION! Finally. We skipped a vacation last year, needless
to say we’re itching to get away! We’ll be heading to the beach with Stephen’s
parents, his brother and his fiancé, and his grandparents. 10 Staffords in 1
beach condo. #pleaseprayforus
|What else is new|
The girls have had a BIG month, but I want to wait and share
that in their monthly update. Be sure to check back next week for their 9 month
post!! In the meantime you can catch up with them here:
Two Months (just kidding...I guess that month was a blur..there was no 2 month update.)
Linking up here today!









We love the Great British Baking Show and watch as a family. :) Since the Duggars aren't on, it's our show of the moment! I miss Bunco and don't feel guilty as women we are built to connect and need that :). God never condemns or guilts! BTW I listen to Risen Motherhood too, have you listened to the Gretchen Saffles one, she is from Life Lived Beautifully. It was so encouraging :). xoxo ERIN
ReplyDelete