For the last day of my week-long series on holiday prep I’m
sharing 10 Gifts I Love to Give! This week’s blog schedule lined up perfectly with Erin’s monthly 10 on the 10th linkup and her prompt for the
today’s linkup also fit perfect with my week’s theme! I love it when things to
come together!!
Once again, I reached out to some friends and family asking
them what were some gifts they loved to give others and their responses did not
disappoint, per usual.
|One – Travel|
At many points during our marriage so far, Stephen and I
have opted to do a weekend get-away or a vacation instead of giving each other
gifts for a certain occasion. Primarily our anniversary. Once the girls get
bigger, I would love to make a Disney trip our big Christmas gift for that
year. Who am I kidding, that gift would be more for this mama rather than the
girls. I LOOOVE Disney! So much!
Gifting your spouse or family with a trip
creates memories and moments shared together that you’ll never regret. Skip the
junk gifts, and save for the experiences together!
|Two – Photos|
Every year I can count on my sister gifting us all with
copies of their Fall family photos. I look forward to seeing them every
December 26th (when we have Christmas at my parents’ house). I love
looking back and seeing how much our nephews have grown. I can also speak from experience
that grandparents sure enjoy photos of their grandbabies! It’s an easy gift,
and a lasting gift. Frame them, order them on a cavas, fill a book…whatever
mode you take, photos for the win!
|Three – Photo Books and Calendars|
Ok, so for Grandparents Day I took a note from my sister and
made photo books on Snapfish for my parents’ and Stephen’s parents of the girls
from the past year. It was a HUGE hit.
Something else that’s a huge hit is
photo calendars! Every year one of my cousins makes one for our grandparents.
She grabs everyone’s photos from the year off of IG or Facebook and then gets
to work. It’s by far the most anticipated gift of the year and it gets passed
around for hours after all the presents have been open because literally
EVERYONE wants to look through it! You’ll find all kinds of deals and coupon
codes online at Shutterfly and Snapfish from now until Christmas. Snapfish’scurrent deal is buy 1 calendar get 2 free with the Code “B1G2NOV17”. Three gifts
or 2 gifts and 1 for yourself all for the price of 1..get to work!!
|Four – Monogrammed Bags and Wallets|
My favorite place to grab these is a local store, Select
Designs. (Find them on IG @selectdesigns.) They have a great selection of
colors and they hold up tremendously well. Last year, I got my sister one of
these bags and she got me the wallet. We carry them both ALL. THE. TIME.
These would
be perfect for sisters, moms, and friends! The kids’ backpacks make great baby
shower gifts or for any little one on your list. We received a couple for the girls
from the shop owner herself when Amelia and Mae were born. They are so sweet!
We’ve used them many times in the past year, and eventually will make great
little church bags for the girls to carry themselves. #solongdiaperbag!
|Five – Magazine Subscription|
This is one of my favorite gifts that I’ve ever received as
simple as it is. Every month, there’s a new issue in my mailbox of my favorite
magazine and every month it seems as if I’ve forgotten about it. It’s a fun
little surprise and provides a few minutes of relaxed down time for this busy
mama!!
|Six – Tickets|
Again, I’m all about gifts with experience rather than
clutter. What a fun night out to spend with your spouse, friends, siblings or
parents. Everyone enjoys something where a ticket is involved. Sporting events,
concerts, plays…I LOVE gifting and receiving tickets!
|Seven – Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize|
Options are endless on this one and the price ranges will
meet anyone’s shopping budget!! These are a few of my favorites..
I love Kate Spade stud earrings. I don’t even know how many
pairs I own now, but they’re easy, classic and go with everything! Scarves are
always welcomed this time of year! I’m also a fan of fun and meaningful
jewelry. These morse code bracelets are right up my alley and with a variety of
color options, it would make a great gift to give to someone on your shopping
list, or add one on there for yourself!
|Eight – Food|
This time of the year, brings out the master baker in all of
us. There is nothing more cozy than spending a chilly Saturday at home covered
in flour and sugar whipping up your favorite holiday treats. Each year I make a
big batch of cinnamon rolls, package them up on a decorative Christmas plate
for the guys I work with, wrap them up with a pretty label and BOOM, done.
Some
people are difficult to buy for OR you want to give them a little something
special but not break the bank. This is when you break out your apron and start
baking!! Homemade treats are the perfect option for co-workers, your mailman,
your hair stylist, neighbors, the list goes on!
|Nine – Amazon|
One gift always on my shopping list is an Amazon Gift Card
for my dad. He is an avid reader and adores the Kindle we got him some years back.
In fact he may have replaced it with an upgraded version since then….I can’t
remember. Either way, he reads A LOT. Between me and my sister, Christmas, his
birthday in February and Father’s Day, he’s never at a loss to be able to
download whatever book he wants to read next. Just about everyone uses Amazon
for something now.
Whether it’s just general shopping, or their tv and movie
streaming downloads, pantry services, or their subscription programs (which we
used for the girls’ formula for a good 5 or 6 months with GREAT SAVINGS) or
WHATEVER…there’s so much to explore. Amazon cards for all!
|Ten – Date Night|
A friend of mine recently told me about the Christmas gift a
good friend of her’s gave her last year. It was a “Monthly Date Day or Date
Night”. She and her husband would pick a weekend day or a week night for a date
just the two of them and the friend would keep their son while they were gone
and/or keep him overnight. I’m telling you, right now, that sounds like heaven
in an envelope to receive! Give the gift of time to busy mom you know.
Take
some of her tasks and responsibilities and hustle and bustle off her hands.
Give her and her husband time. If you’re a mom of older kids, you know how important
that time to her would be – how much it would mean, how much it would be appreciated.
If you’re not a mom yet, you will know one day how meaningful of a gift this is
and someone will repay the favor for you.
Friends, I’ve had so much fun this week sharing some of my holiday
planning favorites! Thanks so much for joining me and the comments along the
way here and on social media or by text! It’s been so encouraging. Before you
go, be sure to check out Erin’s blog today for her monthly 10 on the 10thlink up!
Happy weekending!











These are such great ideas! I love the travel gift, especially as kids get older. Our kids are 13 and 15, and we gifted them a trip to LA last year. Tickets are another wonderful option. I did a gift post today, and focused more on gifts for friends. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove your ideas, especially concert/show tickets! I never thought of that :) Also you can never go wrong with Amazon gift cards. Have a great weekend! Stopping by from the link up.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting my sister a magazine subscription this year! Love that idea! And I'm the queen of buying monogrammed gifts haha! I always tell Dustin I want us to do a trip as a gift instead of buying each other gifts but he's the biggest kid ever and wants to open presents on Christmas Day so that never happens
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
That date night idea is a cute one - how kind of the friend! I LOVE magazines, and I've given subscriptions before. I think it's a fun idea and they are usually really well priced this time of the year.
ReplyDeleteI'm also all about experience type of gifts so I've given tickets to things a lot in the past.
-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
I am going to share this -- these are all such great items. You had me at monogrammed but I love the unique ideas. I love it :)
ReplyDeleteI never thought of travel as a gift. Great ideas. And everyone would love to receive an Amazon gift card!
ReplyDelete