7 Holiday Decorating Trends I'm Loving

Each year, I love to browse through Pinterest in the Fall on sites like Southern Living, Country Living and House Beautiful to see what holiday decorating themes and ideas are trending for the year. Granted I've not changed out my decor, um ever, I still love to see all the other styles out there. 

I have seriously contemplated changing some of our decor out this year, but I figure it might be better to wait a couple more years and get past the phase of the girls trying to destruct everything they can get their hands out...Christmas tree included I'm sure! 


Today I'm sharing seven of favorite decorating finds this year! First up is this super fun and colorful vintage theme ornament ball and tinsel wreath. Now, I am admittedly tinsel's #1 enemy..I hate the stuff, but I ADORE the look of this wreath! I think the colors and quirk would look great in the girls' room for a bit of Fa-la-la fun in there this year! Afterall, we do spend quite a bit of our time in their, might as well make it a little festive!!



 Find this wreath here.

Next up, is something for our outdoor decor. I've mentioned on here in past years, that we don't have any electrical outlets outside which put GREAT limitations on what you can do with Christmas decorations. When and if we ever house shop again, that WILL be on my must list. It's funny what small things you don't pay attention as first time home shoppers!  Anyways, I love this simple craft to throw together with galvanized buckets, greenery, ribbon, lights (battery powered for us) and a chalk pen! I just love this fresh yes rustic look! 


Find the how to here

On every website I've looked at this season, there is one HUGE trend. Tartan! Or as I like to said, plaid...haha. Is there a difference? Probably, but we all know they're the same. This photo reminded me so much of a table cloth my mom has and uses during Christmas. In fact, I bought her that table cloth one year when I was young with my own money because I remembered hearing her say she'd like to get a new tablecloth for a Christmas party we were having. I love seeing her still use it all these later; and who knew it'd be a trend twenty plus years down the road!


Find this look here

Not only is this next find a DIY, but also affordable, fun and you could get the whole family involved. Eventually I want to put a small tree in the girls room, and I know this garland will be fun to make as well as a fun decorative touch on their tree. It's just the cutest!!


See here for all the details!

Bottle Brush Trees are another huge trend this year. They would make a festive addition to mantel, buffet table or dining table centerpiece decor. 


Find out more about Bottle Brush Trees here

I'm a fan of wooden signs with hand lettering. Huge. Ask me how many I own. #zilch However, I do have plans to do something similar with our mantel decor this year. And I'm a sucker for this phrase. I'm 99% sure I've used it in a social media post for a solid 10+ years now. 


Find a similar beauty here

Along with the wooden hand lettered signs that I love and have none of, I also LOVVVE yet don't have felt garland. I love all the color options to use for different holidays, different color schemes, it's somewhat natural / rustic looking but also has my beloved quirk to it! These lovelies are available to order through Chip and Joanna's Magnolia Market site! 


Snag some JoJo style for Christmas here

What is your Christmas decorating style? Do you change your decor out every few years? What are some of your favorite trends this season? Let us know! 

Tomorrow I'm sharing 10 Gifts We Love to Give...be sure to come back as we wrap up this week-long Holiday Prep series. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Thursday friends!

1 comment

  1. I bought a tartan runner for our dining table at TJ Maxx and a fun garland at Target :). I don't have any seasonal signs but once I decorate, I might have to look and see if I can fit one some place! Thank goodness for battery powered lights, I just got some for some exterior wreaths! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.