Hello, November! I can't believe you're here already!! October was such a FULL month it whirled right by.
We started the month by celebrating our girls turning ONE on October 2nd! I can't believe these were our tiny, fragile girls just last October.
Our nephews' Fall Break fell on the girls' birthday so we spent the day with them at the park playing, enjoying a picnic and later sno-cones on the way home. October in Tennessee this year went from blazing hot Summer temps to winter temps. No wonder everybody here is sick.
Our church's annual Fall Party was held at the beginning of the month since everyone's calendars typically get rather full toward the end of the month. We had the best time with our church family!
October will be the month that the girls started saying several words and repeating us. Aside from "Ma-ma, Da-da, Bye-Bye, Hey and Hi" their first real word was Bible. I posted a video of MP saying it on Facebook, little sister was quick to follow in repeating her. They love to sing church songs and "pat the Bible".
Speaking of little sister...her hair! She has her first hair cut appointment this afternoon. I'm trying not to think about it to much and just go along with the motions. Otherwise I'll get caught up in the EMOTIONS. ALL the emotions. She needs a trim around her forehead and ears. And she now can wear little piggy tails if she sits still long enough for me to put them up. It's the cutest thing ever!
They will both eat anything and everything and are VERY good eaters. They're a big fan of the meat and three lunch and dinner and the Uncle Herschel's Country Breakfast version that Stephen's mom serves them practically every morning.
We celebrated their "Coming Home" days on the 18th and 19th! I remember those days like they were yesterday. Our home had never felt more complete!!
Stephen's parents whisked the girls away on a little trip to Gatlinburg this month. They ate like queens and soaked up every bit of hotel living.
During their little get-away, this mama needed to see her babies so we skipped work and headed to meet them for a day at the Ripley's Aquarium.
Fall weather finally arrived this month! Which made for perfect afternoons outside...
...strolls through the neighborhood...
...and then the bottom fell out, it turned winter and made for the perfect lazy day naps!
Stephen's dad is an avid runner and ran in the local Haunted Half Marathon a couple Saturdays ago. The race goes right in front of my sister's house, so the girls and I went over early that morning to cheer him on and help our nephews with their water station. This was such a fun little activity with our family.
AND...now for Halloween and our precious little FLAMINGOS!
I was hesitant that the girls would like their costumes. I envisioned resistance and tears every time we put them up on them. Instead, they flipping love these things!
You should've seen them just prancing around. They really did have so much fun!
We visited some of my side of the family Monday afternoon and visited Stephen's family Tuesday afternoon. We hit the trick or treating trail early due to our early bedtimes these days!
Ugh...I can't stand all the cuteness!! Joining my friend Erin in sharing our month in photos! Enjoy this new month with a thankful heart!









oh my gosh! What a fun month! I can't get over that the girls are 1! They were precious flamingos!
ReplyDeleteI loved the girls' costumes!! Pink flamingos is perfect for them! Y'all had a busy month but it looks like it was a great month! Lots of celebration!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
LOVE LOVE LOVE it :) Those flamingos, be still my heart. You had such a fun, full month with no sickness WAHOO! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDelete