Recipe Club: Chicken Green Chile Tamale Pie


It's one of my favorite linkups of the month! Recipe Club time!!!! 

With the girls being oh so ever active these days, our eating out days have all but come to a hold status. We do go out to eat occasionally, but it's just easier for all of us to stay home. Since we're eating at home more often, I've been trying out some recipes I've had saved for...well, honestly, some of them I've had saved for years! So far, they've all been hits and I can't wait to share them with you in the coming months!

Today, I'm sharing a recipe for Chicken Green Chile Tamale Pie! 


What you'll need:

2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 4.5 oz can diced green chiles, drained
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
1/2 c baking mix
1/2 c cornmeal
3/4 c milk
1 egg
1 11oz can whole kernel corn with peppers, drained

Toppings of choice:

Shredded lettuce
Chopped Tomato
Salsa
Sour Cream
Green Onion

What you'll do:


-Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
-In a 9 inch pie plate, stir in chicken, chiles, and taco seasoning until well combined.
-Sprinkle with cheese.


-In a separate bowl, stir baking mix, cornmeal, milk, egg and corn until well combined. Pour over chicken mixture and cheese in pie plate. 


-Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. 


We served ours up with a dollop of sour cream and a side of rice. This was an insanely easy throw-together weeknight dinner for us and we ate the leftovers for a couple of days. Which by the way, the leftovers tasted great! I thought it might not be as good, that it may get soggy, but no...this was just as good the next day! 

Be sure to go over and check in with Johannah, Heather (who is also recapping her AMAZING Mexico get away) and Jenna to see what yummy recipes others are sharing today! 

4 comments

  1. I think my kids would eat this since it has a Mexican flavor and I know I would love it too. I am saving this to try when we get back from Thanksgiving :) xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this looks AMAZING! Emma would for sure love it. Adding it to my list for next week to make!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.