
So here's a random pity party post to check in. Basically we've all been sick since Thanksgiving Day except poor little Amelia who's holding out like an ox.
We've had bad sinus colds, MP's nose runs like Niagara Falls, we've been coughing so much our chests are sore. Sickness won out over blogging.

And on top of that at some point on Monday, I came down with a stomach bug that was just YUCK. That's all I can pleasantly say about that situation. So for a week now, we've just kinda been down in the dumps.
The coughing is keeping us up at night and for whatever reason, Amelia has had a couple rough nights back to back. Teething maybe? I don't know. But she's been pitiful. Sleep has been a thing of the past for these last seven days.

We enjoyed our Thanksgiving day with our families and all the food, but we've pretty much been home-bound since.
I will admit though, I found brief moments of energy and productivity. Our Christmas tree is up and mantel is decorated. I left off 50% or more of our ornaments this year avoiding any glass ornaments or breakables. It's just not a good year with two littles with grabby hands. It looks a little bare, but it's up and done. Next year, I think we'll be back to full-on decorating mode!

I changed up a few things on the girls "gallery wall" in their room to be festive for the season. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
AND, I started to reorganize my Pinterest Recipes Board. Did you know that was a thing?! You can now add "Sections" to your boards to help clean them up. #gamechanger It's really the simple things that bring me such joy when doom and gloom is all around.
Not all is gloom and doom though, there have been moments of pure thankfulness this past week. My in-laws offered to keep the girls overnight the night I was feeling my worst. Such a welcomed blessing that was. My mom brought me dinner one night because she knew how awful I felt. At 34, I still need my mom.

My best friend Emilee brought me lunch to work yesterday just because and let me just say that's my favorite "just because" in a long time! Even though I was on my death bed, #exaggeratemuch, I was able to enjoy some down time and watched my fair share of Hallmark Christmas movies. Which one's been your favorite so far? We missed "The Christmas Train" last weekend, I'm dying to see it! So far I've loved "Finding Santa".
What else...
Harry and Meghan...yes! As long as their May wedding isn't May 5th (which is Stephen's brother's wedding date) we'll be good. (Yes, I just said that.) They say the chapel will only hold about 800 which will be a more "intimate" wedding than William and K-Middy's...crossing my fingers I'm one of those 800! #dreamon

Amelia is walking! Have I even mentioned that on here yet? I seriously can't remember.
My beloved Matt Lauer. Ugh. I just don't know where to go with that.
Since the Christmas tree is up, we had to relocate the recliner to our bedroom for the Christmas season. There's really only one good place for our tree in our living room (because hello builders from 1974, think about electrical outlet placements homeowners in 2017 will need). Anyways, I kinda love the chair in our room. It's been quiet and cozy back there these past few nights rocking babies to sleep. But I don't think I want it back there permanently. Nor do I think I could convince Stephen of it. Although it is MY chair. It may not be a fashion statement piece of furniture, but it's comfy and HANDY for parents of littles.
What's on the upcoming agenda...
Voice recovery.
Salvaging what's left of my lungs.
Blog posts all about November's glory.
Maneuvering through traffic for the next three days. The State High School Football Tournaments are held in our town each year. The amount of people that it brings in here is unreal.
Holiday festivities kicking into high gear.
Finish Christmas Shopping.
Flower Girl Dress Shopping...just in case we get the call from future Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Ok fine, it's for their Uncle Evan and Aunt Ashley's wedding.

Girl...I'm sorry you feel bad but you gave me some good laughs throughout this post! Hope you are better soon.
ReplyDeleteGirl, I'm sorry you have been sick! But I was belly laughin gat all those memes!! HAHA
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh despite you not feeling well. I will try not to make you laugh because that will induce a coughing fit that will result in a lost lung. PS let's grab our plane tickets now as I am sure we are on the guest list. I already found a hat :) xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to feeling better soon!! I'm hoping I'm one of those 800 on the list, too! I need to start planning my outfit as soon as I find someone to make me a fascinator. Can't look as ugly as Will's cousins did for his wedding to Kate ha!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
This is the only royal couple I have ever cared about. I appreciate that she has been married before, comes from a divorced family and is bi-racial. I feel as if that makes her more normal, someone I would get along and enjoy watching grow and flourish as a princess.
ReplyDelete