Today starts my week long Holiday Prep Series! The backstory to this series came from multiple lists in the notebook I carry in my purse. So, I'm taking those lists and making blog posts out of them. Today and tomorrow will be geared toward Christmas Shopping for Toddlers, so if there's not a toddler on your list, you may just want to skip the next couple of days and come back on Wednesday! (It's just the stage of life we're in right now!) We will be talking about gifts for everyone on your list on Friday; hopefully I'll have something for everyone this week.
Some years ago I started coming across other bloggers sharing their thoughts on shopping for their kids. One reoccurring theme I kept coming across was "Wear, Want, Read, Need". It's as simple as it sounds. It keeps gifts from getting out of hand and hopefully keeps kids' expectations in check. I don't want our girls growing up thinking they will get absolutely everything they see on a flashy tv commercial or in the Target Toy Book. Granted they will probably get a few more than four items, but it won't be overboard. (I can't promise the grandparents' will follow this guideline though. haha)
|WEAR|
There is NO better time of the year, to give pajamas as a gift than Christmas. And quite frankly, this applies to 34 year olds too, just throwing that out there! We've almost moved out of the one piece sleepers for the girls and have converted totally over to two piece sets. Carter's has the best selection of FOUR piece pajama sets this year. Granted I've only been shopping pj's for the littles for a year now, but still, it's the best selection I've seen yet and you can't beat the pricing for 4 pieces that all mix and match with each other! These are two of the sets from this year's collection that the girls' will be receiving this year.
You can shop these sets and more from Carter's here.
p.s. they have a great selections for boys too!
|WANT|
At a little over a year old, Amelia and Mae aren't quite able to tell us what they want for Christmas. But if they could, they would want you to see some of their favorites!
1. We were visiting with family a couple months ago, and their daughter had one of these magnetic drawing boards. Both girls just played and played with this thing. I made a note right then and there on my phone to remind myself to get them one for Christmas. I had a magnadoodle when I was young and literally wore the poor thing out. I'm glad these are still around!
2 & 3. The Melissa and Doug Fill and Spill Tool Bag and Purse are one of our favorites for toddlers! The girls received the purse for their birthday and LOVE it! They love pulling out all the pieces, shaking the keys, looking at themselves in the little compact mirror and "talking" on the phone! We love this gift for toddlers and I'm sure the tool box version holds just as much fun!
4. The Melissa and Doug Dust, Sweep, Mop Set - The girls got a similar version for their birthday last month and Mae Parker has walked miles around this house carrying her little broom and mop. She comes scurrying as fast as she can when she sees me get out my broom or swiffer. I'm debating on getting her another set for Christmas, because in a month's time she's worn the mop pretty ragged. Nonetheless, a fun gift option for toddlers!
|READ|
Amelia and Mae Parker have always enjoyed books, but for the last month or so, our girls LOVE books. Amelia will pull every single one off of their shelves, sit and go through every single page of them all! They especially love the two Eric Carle books we have, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" They LOVE the colors and repetitive verses. They will carry these two books straight to me and persist to sit down and read to them. How can I say no? For Christmas I picked up a couple more Eric Carle books for the girls.
|NEED|
This one was hard for me. They don't really NEED anything. None of us do to be honest, but it's still a blessing to be able to shop and give to others...especially when they're your babies! For fine motor skills improvement and (hopefully)occupy them for longer than five minutes at a time, I've been looking at different "activity centers". It's narrowed down to these two.
They don't break the bank by any means, but will be their "big gift". As they grow and develop their own interests, of course they'll be receiving their own gifts and not shared gifts. For now, sharing is all they know, and they're just fine with it. Now it's just a matter of deciding between the Manhattan Toy Tree Top Activity Center or the Alex Jr. My Busy Town Wooden Activity Cube.
Recommendations on this one will be greatly appreciated!
I asked some friends of mine for their best toddler gift ideas and they did NOT disappoint! Here are some more great ideas for the little ones on your list...
-A Zoo Membership
-Music Classes
-Photo Books or Chatbooks from the year
-Baby Signing Time video series
-Wooden Block sets
-Ride-on Toys
I just love these ideas!! (and my friends!)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Shopping!



No comments
Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.