Life Lately: June Edition

Like time and time before, we start our months with these girls turning one month older! I'm still in sheer awe every day that these beautiful babies are mine!


Our youngest nephew Colin made sure we documented the moment he realized our girls were 8 months old and he was 8 years old! I love that sweet boy SO much!! 


I shared this on IG, and maybe Facebook too, but my memory isn't the best anymore. (#mombrain is a #realthing) Our nephews are obsessed with hockey and have been since they were tiny. They love to play hockey any chance they get. My dad made them both hockey sticks to play with with the new addition to my parents' house, they currently have a great "rink" to play on. (Although, my mom cringes every time they step foot in that new room with all the windows and their hockey sticks, HAHA.) Amelia and Mae LOVE to watch the boys play. They sit, clap and laugh the entire time, every time! These cousins adore each other. 


We've mastered the art of the Sunday afternoon nap at our house this month! All four of us have managed to get a GOOD nap every Sunday afternoon this month. This is one tradition I hope we keep up! 


The girls have been enjoying the Summer days at their grandparents' house! These Little Tykes swings were an Amazon Lightning Deal one day for $15! BUT, you could only order 1. So, what did we do? I ordered one, my MIL ordered one, and we found two other Prime family members to order ones for us. We have swings at our house and Lolli and Pop's house! 


They enjoy their morning strolls through the neighborhood!


We (ok maybe I not a "we" as you can see) celebrated Amelia's hair sudden hair growth with her first hairbow! 


We celebrated Father's Day with a special breakfast that Stephen loves...


Then celebrated more with a Father's Day lunch at my sister and brother in law's house. No matter how old we get, we're still our dad's little girls!


He's also relishing in his role as "Granddad" these days!


Stephen's first Father's Day! (disregard the soccer socks...he tends to pick wild socks to wear on Sundays...why...because he's a little off his rocker most days.)


Lolli and Pop have worn in our stroller this Summer with "field trips" to various doctor's appointments. They love taking the girls with them wherever they go! They're pretty proud of these little ladies!


OH...and did I mention BOTH girls can wear hairbows now?!! So stinkin' cute, right?!


Small bows are all the rage around here these days, unless Granddad comes to visit and then we're all about wearing his ball cap! 


The toy collection at Lolli & Pop's has seemed to multiply this month! The girls are loving their rocking horse er..giraffe. They are spoiled rotten, but I'm pretty sure if you look up "grandparent" in the dictionary, that's part of the criteria. 


We also enjoyed VBS at my grandparents' church this month, celebrated the upcoming arrival of a new cousin at a baby shower, celebrated another cousin's upcoming wedding with a Bridal Shower, and experienced a several milestones for the girls in June! Our Summer is off to a great start!! 

1 comment

  1. They are getting so big so quickly!! And they are starting to look more and more alike. I used to be able to tell them apart but something happened this past month and I struggle with picking who is who.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.