I'm so excited to share this recipe today!! I stumbled upon it while scrolling through Pinterest a couple months ago and I can't tell you how many times I've made this recipe since! (Well, I must say we heavily tweaked the original recipe to the point that it's basically an original recipe at this point!) It's that good and THAT easy! I've always got everything on hand to whip this up, I just make a quick stop in the supermarket on the way home and grab a fresh bunch of broccoli and I'm set!
Here's what you'll need...
2 large chicken breasts cut up into chunks
Salt & Pepper
1/2 c light brown sugar
1/2 c low sodium soy sauce
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
4 tbsp cornstarch
Rice (I usually boil 2 of the small bags)
Broccoli
Olive Oil
What to do:
Cook pieces of chicken until done, season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400, place broccoli on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes.
Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and cornstarch until there are no more lumps of cornstarch.
Pour liquid mixture on top of chicken and let cook on a medium/low heat until liquid starts to bubble and thicken.
Stir frequently until liquid is thick and becomes a glaze.
Assemble your bowl with rice, chicken and broccoli!
That's it! An easy 30 minute dinner to throw together on nights you're crunched for time! If you prefer steamed broccoli, you could prepare it that way, but we prefer to roast broccoli.
This recipe makes enough for our dinner and lunches the next day and still with some leftover.
Try it out and let me know what you think!









YUM!!! I love Chinese food but I love it when I can make it! This looks so simple and so, so good!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
So yummy and fast! I am saving this for later! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds delicious - pinning got my meal plan!!!! Xoxo Erin
ReplyDelete