Fall Recipe Swap - Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup

Hey friends! I've so been anticipating today's linkup with Johannah, Heather, Justine, Erin & Tanya! There's just something about the crispness and yet warmth of Fall that makes you want to cook and bake all the things! 

Today I'm sharing a recipe for Chicken Enchilada Soup! I took a gamble and made a new recipe to share for this linkup and am I SO VERY GLAD I took that gamble, because y'all...this soup is AMAZING!!

Here's what you'll need: 


3-4 chicken breasts
1 (7oz) can diced green chiles drained
1 (28 oz) Green Enchilada Sauce
1 can of whole kernel corner drained
3 cups chicken broth 
1 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP cumin
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP onion powder
1 (8oz) block of cream cheese
2 cups of cooked rice

Optional Toppings:
Shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro


What you'll do: 

Combine chicken, sauce, broth, corn, green chiles and seasonings into crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. 

30-45 minutes before serving: Shred chicken, Add rice and cream cheese. Stir occasionally until cream cheese is melted. 

Serve and top with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. 

This was SO good and made a ton! I hope you try it and let me know what you think! This would probably be a good recipe to make and freeze the leftovers to have for later on. 

That's IF you have leftovers. That man of mine may or may not have eaten three huge bowls. 

Happy Wednesday! Don't forget to link up with us and share below. 




4 comments

  1. I have been excited for you to share this recipe! It sounds and looks SO good!!! Thanks for hosting with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth was watering when you shared it yesterday and I need more soup ideas so I pinned this. It looks so simple but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t wait to try this recipe. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious. I pinned it to make later!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.