10 Favorite Recipes

I'm so excited to be joining Erin again from Simple Purposeful Living for her monthly linkup! This month we're sharing 10 favorite recipes! Just 10? That's all? 

Between the blogging community, Pinterest, and other 
social media pages, you could never be at a loss for recipe ideas. They are absolutely EVERYWHERE! 

I'm a lasagna fan, but I'm a picky lasagna fan. I started using Pioneer Woman's recipe a few years ago and it's the only one I use now. Dare I say it will be the only one I ever use again. It's no fail and a definite crowd pleaser every single time! 


As a Pampered Chef consultant, I'm always trying PC recipes in our kitchen and at in-home parties. This Summer I made the PC Fruit Pizza recipe, I don't even know how many times! It is SO simple, fresh and delicious! It's my new Summer go-to!


With Fall, comes soups and crockpot meals. Chili recipes are like noses and opinions....everyone has one. I have used this Kraft Foods Hearty Slow Cooker Chili recipe for years. It's so good and I have everything on hand as we speak to whip this up as soon as the first cool snap comes our way! 


This one is a recent Pinterest find and it checks off all my favorite ingredients. Seafood, Pasta, Alfredo (sorta). Amelia & Mae both love salmon like the rest of us so this Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe is a winning meal for all of us! 


Stafford Sunday lunches are a long-standing tradition. One of the first meals I remember Stephen's Meme making is her meatloaf. She always makes two different ones. One with a ketchup topping and one with a mustard topping...which was a new experience to me seven years ago, and now I it's my absolute favorite and the only way I make it! Brown sugar, yellow mustard and Worcestershire. SO GOOD! 


Handwritten, handed-down recipes are always my favorite! 

Another favorite is classic recipes I've grown up on thanks to local cookbooks. A Bible College in our town has a series of cookbooks featuring recipes from local women. These books have been around for YEARS and I'm 90% sure every female in my family has these books in their kitchen. 


One of the simplest and best cakes is in one of these books. You can call it a Skillet Cake, Scratch Cake, Plain Cake....it's all the same. It's great served by itself but also delicious with fresh fruit! It's an easy dessert to whip together in a pinch! My grandma makes it, my aunts make it, my mom makes it....it's the best little cake!          

Next are a couple of my "famous" cakes. They're the ones I continually get asked to make for special events and even paid to make on occasion, ha.                     

You can find my recipe for Strawberry Cake here and my Swiss Chocolate Cake here. 


Speaking of cakes, with the holiday season quickly approaching, here's the perfect cake to add to your Christmas baking lists. It's just not Christmas around here, without my mom making this cake! Find our Red Velvet Cake recipe here. 


And finally while we're chatting about recipes, be sure to join us next week on Wednesday the 17th for a Fall Recipe Swap! Grab the graphic below and come back to link up! 




3 comments

  1. I am going to check out that lasagna dish. I love a good pasta dish and haven't attempted lasagna in a really long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those cakes!!! Also, I love a handwritten hand-me-down recipe too! These recipes all look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.