*Taking just a second to acknowledge and apologize for the delayed response in replying to post comments. For whatever reason, any comments that were made on my last 2-3 posts just all showed up this morning. Blogger...it's a love / hate relationship, right?*
Our girls turned 2 last week, but we won't be celebrating for another couple of weeks. It's crunch time to get everything planned and pulled together between now and then! The me a year ago would've had everything ready to roll by now, but the me this year is laughing at the me last year.
This year, I wavered back and forth between 3 different themes until one day I totally changed my mind and here we are....
I've always been a HUGE fan of balloons for birthday parties and it seems that balloons are a big trend these days!
I love balloon garlands, but let's be honest...I'm not sure if this will get pulled off this year. But I LOVE LOVE the idea! (If you like following fun pages on IG, check out Nashville's VroomVroom Balloons. Every post just makes me happy!)
I mean, isn't this just the happiest thing ever?!
As long as the weather cooperates, we plan to have the girls' party at our house this year, outdoors, come and go style. Where I plan to set up the food tables, there's a great space for a backdrop and you better believe Pinterest is FULL of ideas! Now just time to decide!
My sis in law is making the cake and/or cupcakes again this year. She does such a good job and the girls are big fans of their Aunt "Asheee".
I sent her several ideas a couple weeks ago and then ended the text with, "Whatever you want to do is fine." So honestly, I have NO idea what we'll have, but it'll be fabulous and perfect! I can't get enough of all the colors!
We're keeping it simple again this year with the food and just doing a few desserts for our afternoon party. The girls (ESPECIALLY Amelia) are big fruit eaters. Amelia would live on fruit if we let her! I love the idea of these rainbow fruit cups or we could make them as skewers!
Finally, the last few parties we've been to there has been a craft for the kiddos to do and everyone seems to enjoy it! Good 'ol Pinterest again to the rescue! So many easy and adorable rainbow craft ideas!!
Most of the little kids who will be there are within a year / year and a half of the girls' age so I'll definitely keep the craft age level appropriate. I know Stephen's mom and our Aunt Jan will be big helps with this! (Gotta love having retired Elementary teachers in the fam!)
After writing all of this, I realize it's time for me to get to work because party day will be here in a flash!
What are your best kids' party planning tips? I would love to hear!!











How are they already 2?!?! Where has this year gone?? Love the rainbow theme!
ReplyDeleteI cannot even handle all this cuteness. I am pinning this because it's just too cute!
ReplyDelete