Asking for a Friend....OK, it's me.

Today is all about needing a little advice from this beloved blogging community of ours! There are a few questions I’ve had swirling around for a while and I thought I’d reach out to you all because as we know, blogger and blog readers give THE BEST advice!!

|one|

Who or what do you recommend for blog design? I’m ready to give this space a facelift, but don’t want to sell a kidney to pay for it. Also, I’d RATHER have someone else do the install instead of buy a design and work the html code myself. I can do it, I just don’t really have the time (or patience) to get it just right.

|two|

 Image result for traveling with toddlers meme
The family is discussing going on a cruise this year. It’ll either be in June, July or October. That being said, what are your best cruising with toddlers tips?? I’ve been on one cruise back back like 8 years ago maybe?? Just me and my cousin Sarah. We had the best time and it was SO relaxing. However, I have a feeling this time around won’t be as leisurely while we all try to keep our two hoodlums from escaping overboard.

The trip itself will be scheduled primarily around my sister and her family’s busy schedule. She’s a teacher, both of their kids are in school, both boys play ball, their oldest is on school teams, and school starts back at the end of July. So between school schedules, ball schedules, summer camp schedules…our summer time frame is limited, but they get 2 weeks off in October that might end up working best. It’s not been decided yet.

|three|

Do you have a Facebook page for your blog? Do you find it worthwhile or just another thing on your to-do list?

|four|

Image result for mom life meme
When do you or did you wean your kiddos off bottles?? Our girls are 15 months old and still take 3 small bottles a day. One in the morning, one after lunch and one at bedtime. Are there sippy cup options out there that are just your absolute favorite and your babes took right to them? Our girls will drink from sippies all day long, but put milk in them and it’s like you’ve ruined their life.

|five|

Image result for toddler meals
Ok, one more toddler question…what’s your best food ideas for feeding your littles. Ours will eat pretty much anything and everything. But we feel like we give them the same thing all the time! What are some ideas to change it up?

|six|

Image result for nordstrom meme
I received a Nordstrom gift card for Christmas. What should I buy? The closest store is in Nashville so more than likely I'll be ordering online which I've done before with no problems at all. But what should I get?? OR should I save it for Spring? Does Nordstrom knock your socks off with their Spring items?

|seven|

Image result for date night at home 
Remember in my last post when I was all yeah, one date night a month!! Yeah, so…not gonna happen. Stephen’s work schedule has changed and I’m pretty much going to be rocking the single mom life for a while as he works nights. So the question….what’s your best at home date night ideas? The girls go to bed early enough for us to still have a “date”, it’ll just be after 8 or so when he gets home.

|eight|

 Image result for one pan meals

I’m fascinated by easy one pan, one pot meals. Send me your very favorite recipes or links to recipes you’ve tried!! 

Can't wait to hear from you all!

Linking with Erika today for Tuesday Talk!!


7 comments

  1. Okay so I will comment by number here! ha!

    1. On Etsy there is a blog designer. $5.99 for them to design the layout for you!! That's CHEAP in my book!!! And for my header, I had Kelsey from Kreated by Kelsey design the header. She charges $30.00. Both of them install for free! So the first link i'm sharing is for the blog design, and the second is for the header.

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BloggerTemplate?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count#items
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/KreatedByKelsey1

    2. I have never flown with Alyx, and honestly I am not sure I ever want to! Hahaha She's crazy, but we flew with Emma when she was 1 and she did great. We've never been on a cruise, so I have no advice for you there.

    3. I don't have a Facebook page for my blog, I've thought about the idea of it, but haven't bit the bullet yet and made one.

    4. The bottle thing. I just have to laugh because honestly I think Emma was 3 when she finally gave it up, and Alyx was just over 2. They were both the same way with milk in sippy cups. They hated it!! I didn't stress over the bottle thing. I know tons of people have opinions about them, including some of my own family members, and it drove me nuts but I let the girls keep them as long as they wanted really.

    5. Food is a difficult topic in our house. Emma will eat anything and everything. She always has. Alyx, she won't touch hardly anything. She loves peanut butter and she loves bread but if you combing the two together, she won't eat it! Arrghh. So unfortunately no food advice for ya! ha!

    6. I went to a Nordstrom Rack but in December and fell in love with it! But it's a little over 2 hours away. They had some fun stuff there!

    7. Date nights are hard when you have little kids. Brian and I like to get the girls to bed and then watch either a movie or a good show together. Sometimes we will split, like literally split a pint of ben & jerrys in half and share it! =)

    8. Easy one pot meals Erica...INSTANT POT!!! Ask for one for Valentines Day. =) You'll thank me! haha

    Happy Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cruised in October and the weather was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and I love to go out on dates. Movies, dinner, even just going to sit at a coffee shop. But lets be real. Those come few and far between. And a normal night after the kids are in bed and we are just around the house typically includes tv and laundry/dishes/our phones and more often than not, one of us in the recliner and the other on the couch. So to make being at home together something different, we try to play a game together, or do a puzzle, or be creative (art/music/hobby) Now we still often have the tv on, because we are currently obsessed with The Crown and have to watch a minimum of one episode a night, but just as long as we are doing something TOGETHER, it makes a difference. We also try to read a book together. Right now it's Francis Chan and Lisa Chan's marriage book "You and Me Forever".

    You'll figure out your "thing" for date nights at home. Just make sure your having real conversation with the man. And if you find yourselves with a free night/afternoon/hour take advantage of it. Even if it's sitting at a coffee shop for 30 minutes. Be intentional. :)

    (How's that for my first comment on your blog? I love it btw! I love your realness and adore your sweet girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have cruised in December and April - both times were perfect. December was Bahamas and April was Mexico. I don't take kids on cruises. I have two kids who are older than your littles. Mine were both off bottles at one year old. CCK does have a FB page and it generates about 30 views to the blog per day. I have my blog set up the post to FB as soon as a post is published. I admit I fail to give it proper attention!!! I hope you get a lot of great answers to help you out! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. https://www.etsy.com/shop/kreatedbykelsey1
    2. Bring lots of snack, iPads if you have them and if you can, pick flying times that you know are close to nap or sleep times.
    3. I have a Facebook page for WMM and I think it's worthwhile.
    4. Take the bottles and give them a cup with a straw. A straw that is rubble, similar to a bottle nipple texture. That's what worked with Connor.
    5. We add one new food to the rotation a week. It's usually something C isn't crazy about but he only had to eat it for a week. Usually by the 4th week of having something, he is okay with it. Except veggies. He won't eat those to save his life.
    6. Nordstrom? TREAT YOURSELF. To what? I don't know. Just something nice.
    7. We have movie night, game night, dessert night where we try our hand at making a new dessert together, we've tackled home improvement projects together. Just anything that gets us off our phones :)
    8. http://www.wifemommyme.com/2017/08/roasted-chicken-veggies-one-pan-15.html -- a friend said this was amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so just cut the bottles cold turkey mine eventually after a week or two took milk and then promptly went lactose intolerant so we just do water now. My kids love those stainless steel water bottles with the pop lid and straw. They are like $15 so not cheap but they all just have one and I wash at the end of the day. I love cruises but my kids don't think they are for kids because we don't take them LOL so I have nothing for you. I got the Nordstrom's spring catalog and so much cuteness coming. I would say shoes but that's because I love shoes :).
    Date nights we love watching shows together or playing games together. What if you made a nice dessert and ate it together ;) :) :)
    And I have a really good one pan recipe I need to blog about, not helpful at the moment but coming soon. IT involves bacon so you know it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So honestly, cruising with toddlers sounds kind of miserable to me....I love my 2-year-old, but I know I would be nervous with the crowds, boat, swimming pools, etc. Plus if your girls need a regular bedtime a cruise ship is hard since either you or your husband will be stuck in a tiny room with them once they go down. has your family talked about other options that might be a little more toddler friendly? Like renting a big house together somewhere?

    I have felt the same about being in a food rut with my son. A couple of things that have helped are that I just serve him for dinner whatever we are having. This way even if he's eating similar things for breakfast and lunch I know he's getting some variety at dinner. Sometimes he tries new things, and sometimes he doesn't! I also cut out processed snack foods and only offer him veggies or something healthy like beans as a snack. This has made a huge difference in his willingness to try some new healthy foods when he is really hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.