I'm excited to join in with The Blended Blog's monthly "TBB Asks" post today! I so enjoyed these last year and loved getting to read other bloggers' responses to learn more about them.
Here's what's on hand for this month..
|Resolutions or No Resolutions?|
I usually set a few goals for myself each year. Nothing extravagant and certainly attainable. I'll be sharing those this week so you'll have to come back to see what I'm planning for this year!
|Love snow or no snow?|
I don't mind it. However, in TN we usually get ice with the snow and when that happens life as we know it pretty much shuts down around here. We're only so prepared to handle conditions like that in the South. After a couple days cooped up in the house, we're usually itching to get out.
|Name a new place you want to go to this year?|
We're not 100% sure on vacation plans yet, but we're PRETTTTY sure it's going to be somewhere new to us and let's be honest, any kind of vacation has a nice ring to it!
|Would you rather have a new haircut or color?|
Color for sure and that will probably always be my answer to this question. There's something SO refreshing about a new color!
|Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year.|
I think I would really love to take a day off work here and there just to have some time to myself. Whether it's a stay at home day and do absolutely nothing in peace and quiet or if it's treating myself to a shopping day in Nashville. I really want to carve out a bit more time for just myself.
|Least favorite thing about January|
So from October to December, I feel like everyone is all about love and family and thankfulness and hospitality and all the warm fuzzy feel goods. Then January hits and all of that is pushed aside. Why can't we keep that same warm, grateful and welcoming spirit year-long?
|Most favorite thing about January|
I love the first day after a sizable snow for us...the world just seems still and quiet.
|When do you take down your holiday decorations?|
Used to I would wait until well after New Years, now I'm ready for it to come down a couple days after Christmas. I love it when it's up, but it's over when it's over.
|Do you diet in January?|
Not necessarily diet but I do think I'm overall more mindful of what I eat. Too much junk through the holidays (as tasty and comforting as it is), I'm ready to eat lighter for a while to just feel better.
|What area of your home do you want to organize the most?|
Our girls' closet needs a drastic overhaul! A year ago it was spotless and perfect...and now I don't even want to open the doors. HA
|Favorite Winter comfort food?|
I love beef stew and will usually make it a couple times this time of year.
|Favorite guilty pleasure?|
There's always a new season of the Bachelor in January and I make it a point for it to be "my show". I also usually spend waaaay more time than necessary online shopping (or browsing) at sites to use any gift cards I received for Christmas. I have been known to still have Christmas gift cards when Fall rolls around. If I don't find something I absolutely love I save them, until I do. I'm not wasting that kind of gift!!
Thanks so much to the ladies of The Blended Blog for this series...be sure to click on over and check them out! Happy Monday friends!


I totally agree with taking a day off to be by yourself--sometimes it's nice not to talk to anyone at all ha! And yes to the Bachelor!!! Any favorites right now?
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
I loved your chicken soup demo last night on Insta-stories. You always make me smile. Wished we lived closer, we have so much in common except I have never died my hair ;) xoxo ERIN
ReplyDelete